New voucher codes added

pabenny

Re: New voucher codes added

Post by pabenny » Fri Dec 13 2019 8:39am

A few of suggestions/comments

- People look at the forums in different ways. A new thread/announcement has more prominence than extending an existing thread.

- the vouchers can't easily be accessed from the home page. Highlighting them here would be much better, especially for more casual visitors. And for search engines.

- the listing of active vouchers is next to useless. Surely most people search by merchant once they've decided to purchase, and not by product category? Even the product categories are unhelpful - to take one example. Hughes Direct (an electrical retailer like Currys) appears in 'Audio' but not 'Home appliances'.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Dec 13 2019 8:42am

Marvelous selection of useful codes.
Thanked by: cccashbacklover
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Sat Dec 14 2019 10:36am

pabenny wrote:
Fri Dec 13 2019 8:39am
A few of suggestions/comments

- People look at the forums in different ways. A new thread/announcement has more prominence than extending an existing thread.

- the vouchers can't easily be accessed from the home page. Highlighting them here would be much better, especially for more casual visitors. And for search engines.

- the listing of active vouchers is next to useless. Surely most people search by merchant once they've decided to purchase, and not by product category? Even the product categories are unhelpful - to take one example. Hughes Direct (an electrical retailer like Currys) appears in 'Audio' but not 'Home appliances'.
You are undoubtedly correct that the promotion of vouchers could be much improved. However, with a replacement site under development, I didn't want to expend too much time redesigning existing templates which will shortly be replaced. I've opted for easy ways to publish these codes within the limits of the existing design

I'm not convinced that all searches begin with a specific merchant, and some people will find value in browsing the available offers within a broad category. But we do already cater for the "codes for this merchant" requirement; all available codes for a given merchant are listed under the "Deals" tab on the main merchant listing page

I'm not sure that a whole new topic every day is best in the short term. Perhaps picking out individual deals to highlight is better

I've changed the primary category for Hughes to be Home appliances. Though one future improvement will be to assign individual deals to a category for merchants like this which span multiple sectors

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sat Dec 14 2019 11:19am

richard@imutual wrote:
Sat Dec 14 2019 10:36am
I'm not convinced that all searches begin with a specific merchant...
Take a look at vouchercodes.co.uk or voucherbox.co.uk. Retailer brands have greatest prominence, sometimes grouped by category.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sun Dec 15 2019 7:39pm

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Dec 16 2019 8:45am