Brexit will have soon cost the UK more than all its payments to the EU over the past 47 years put together

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
parchedpeas

Re: Brexit will have soon cost the UK more than all its payments to the EU over the past 47 years put together

Post by parchedpeas » Fri Jan 17 2020 8:16am

Boro Boy wrote:
Thu Jan 16 2020 11:27pm
The electorate always get it right and as a democrat you should realise objecting to this after the event undermines democracy! :think:
No, that's totalitarianism.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Chadwick

blythburgh

Re: Brexit will have soon cost the UK more than all its payments to the EU over the past 47 years put together

Post by blythburgh » Fri Jan 17 2020 9:31am

Boro Boy wrote:
Thu Jan 16 2020 11:27pm
blythburgh wrote:
Thu Jan 16 2020 10:26am
People who voted leave did so knowing their own minds. Sadly too many people had been fed so many lies and distortions over the years they could not see the both arguments clearly and then decide.
The electorate always get it right and as a democrat you should realise objecting to this after the event undermines democracy! :think:
But as election after election proves the govt is never what the majority voted for.

In the last election far more people voted for parties that were in favour of a People's Vote than voted for parties that were in favour of Brexit this month. Too many of those who voted for brexit have said they were misled or thought remain would win so wanted to put two fingers up to the then Govt.

But we are were we are and I can only hope and pray my view of the future is wrong and Brexit will be a success. People's jobs depend on the outcome.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Jan 17 2020 10:49am

All is not lost, the UK is still doing better than my home country.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Jan 17 2020 11:47am

I always assume members are Brits born and bred. I stand corrected in your case. But to be honest not bothered on colour, country of birth etc of any member. We are all part of the imutual forum family so none of it matters
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Fri Jan 17 2020 11:58am

blythburgh wrote:
Fri Jan 17 2020 11:47am
I always assume members are Brits born and bred. I stand corrected in your case. But to be honest not bothered on colour, country of birth etc of any member. We are all part of the imutual forum family so none of it matters
You did know that the Thunderbog came originally from another country. You commented on it previously.
blythburgh wrote:
Fri Aug 09 2019 10:48am
I had no idea AAAplhathunder was not British born. But I am glad he came and has been successful due to his hard work and a touch of good fortune
Incidently I had to trawl through his posts to find the original post. What a load of rubbish he writes. So many pointless useless posts IMO. I don't normally read his drivel as there is so much of it.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Jan 17 2020 12:02pm

Oh shows that my brian of a brain remembers pointless stuff I will never need again but forgets things I might need remember in the future

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Jan 17 2020 12:39pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Fri Jan 17 2020 11:58am
blythburgh wrote:
You did know that the Thunderbog came originally from another country. You commented on it previously.
blythburgh wrote:
I had no idea AAAplhathunder was not British born. But I am glad he came and has been successful due to his hard work and a touch of good fortune
Incidently I had to trawl through his posts to find the original post. What a load of rubbish he writes. So many pointless useless posts IMO. I don't normally read his drivel as there is so much of it.
William Joseph1, my humble pleasure to give you some purpose in life!
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Jan 18 2020 2:16pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Jan 17 2020 12:39pm
William Joseph1 wrote:
Fri Jan 17 2020 11:58am
blythburgh wrote:
blythburgh wrote:
William Joseph1, my humble pleasure to give you some purpose in life!
Tee Hee :lol: :lol: :lol:

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Sat Jan 18 2020 2:53pm

Q. Why are we leaving the EU at 11pm, on January 31st?
A. Because it’s midnight on European Time! ( Dutch Time )

Not everyone knows.

https://www.government.nl/topics/brexit ... pean-union

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Jan 18 2020 3:23pm

expressman33 wrote:
Sat Jan 18 2020 2:53pm
Q. Why are we leaving the EU at 11pm, on January 31st?
A. Because it’s midnight on European Time! ( Dutch Time )

Not everyone knows.

https://www.government.nl/topics/brexit ... pean-union
Not just in the Netherlands...! :thumbup: