Reduce your energy costs by 99%

Boro Boy

Reduce your energy costs by 99%

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Feb 16 2020 12:26pm

pabenny

Re: Reduce your energy costs by 99%

Post by pabenny » Sun Feb 16 2020 12:40pm

Why have you posted this?

1) The headline misquotes the linked blog, which refers to reducing gas consumption by 99%.

2) The linked item is more than five years old and the entire blog doesn't seem to have been updated for more than four years.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Feb 16 2020 12:58pm

pabenny wrote:
Sun Feb 16 2020 12:40pm
Why have you posted this?

1) The headline misquotes the linked blog, which refers to reducing gas consumption by 99%.

2) The linked item is more than five years old and the entire blog doesn't seem to have been updated for more than four years.
Neither of your comments make the message less real - see the picture of energy bill and eat humble pie! https://sarahjlonsdale.wordpress.com/en ... iciency-3/ :wave:
Thanked by: macliam

macliam

Post by macliam » Sun Feb 16 2020 2:44pm

Are we about to start another garbagefest, where you post ridiculous claims under a misleading headline and refuse to accept when others call you out on it?

Both pabenny's comments are accurate and your reply, negging the points made and just repeating the link (as usual), is meaningless. Do you get some kind of reward for the most times you can post the same URL in a thread?

1) The bill shown is not for "energy" it is only for gas. Were I to rip out my gas combi boiler and replace it with storage heaters and water heaters, my gas bill would also plummet. On the other hand, my electricity bills would rocket - so my overall "energy" usage and bills would not reduce. No details of how this gas "saving" was achieved have been posted, so we are left to speculate..... So the linked article is wrong... and you know it.

2) The linked blog has not been updated to provide backup for the claim, so it is useless - I am sure there are blogs out there about seeing little green men, but it doesn't make them true or anything other than an unproven claim. The bill could even have been a computer glitch..... it happens.

3) Elsewhere, there is an article on feeding a family of 4 for £60 and a community energy scheme. Both are flawed. In the first, it only shows costs for one meal a day - and one weeks menus don't mean anything. The nutritional balance of the food is not considered, just a "hope" that it would be enough. In the second, first find your idyllic rural community with a contant source of running water, then invest £270k...... an option for everyone, surely? There is also a report on an "eco house" which is subjective and doesn't give any costs...... it's all just words.

In Portugal, I have a septic tank and a borehole. Therefore my bills from the water company are zero. Great, eh? Of course, I actually don't get bills as I'm not connected to grid, I have to pay the electricity costs for pumping water and for maintenance and consumables (filters/salt) - and, if disaster happened and my borehole runs dry, I have no backup (unlikely, but possible with long hot summers). Should I write a blog about how to save money on water bills on the back of that? :roll:

The internet is full of garbage and a little gold - maybe you need to invest in a filter. :eh:
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sun Feb 16 2020 4:35pm

Boro Boy, repeating the same claim does not make it any more true or false.
You need to respond to the specific questions if you want to be taken seriously.
Currently, my default response when you post something is that it probably isn't true or won't bear up under scrutiny. Prove me wrong.
Thanked by: Richard Frost, blythburgh

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Feb 16 2020 10:02pm

ANYONE with a gas boiler that heats water and the radiators can save 99% by following my 2 simple tips
1. Don't turn your heating on
2 Wash in cold water
Your welcome
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Feb 17 2020 7:30pm

Chadwick wrote:
Sun Feb 16 2020 4:35pm
Boro Boy, repeating the same claim does not make it any more true or false.
You need to respond to the specific questions if you want to be taken seriously.
Currently, my default response when you post something is that it probably isn't true or won't bear up under scrutiny. Prove me wrong.
You are correct, if I show you a bill with a 99% saving on it once and it was true showing you it twice doesn't make it any truer it just highlights to the none observant that it was true! :clap: :clap: :clap:

It still says 99% saving: https://sarahjlonsdale.wordpress.com/en ... iciency-3/ :wave:

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Feb 17 2020 9:05pm

URL repeated 3 times...... let's go for a record, eh? :eh:

Not addressing the points made by others. Par for the course :roll:

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Feb 17 2020 9:47pm

macliam wrote:
Mon Feb 17 2020 9:05pm
URL repeated 3 times...... let's go for a record, eh? :eh:

Not addressing the points made by others. Par for the course :roll:
I'm beginning to think your purposely going blind....: https://sarahjlonsdale.wordpress.com/en ... iciency-3/ :geek:

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Feb 17 2020 9:50pm

I'm beginning to think that you're going on the ignore list.