Members who "vanish"

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

hiswitzend

Re: Members who "vanish"

Post by hiswitzend » Wed Feb 12 2020 4:35pm

Q. have they paid up for each quarter if so there is not much that can be done, if not then maybe we can action.

As i remember in rules we needed £10 each quarter, i know some paid alot more so this may balance that.

garindan

Post by garindan » Wed Feb 12 2020 9:02pm

hiswitzend wrote:
Wed Feb 12 2020 4:35pm
Q. have they paid up for each quarter if so there is not much that can be done, if not then maybe we can action.

As i remember in rules we needed £10 each quarter, i know some paid alot more so this may balance that.
Yes, fully paid-up member, so I'm happy enough with that. It's just a process thing really that I am mainly interested in, in that we come to an agreement whether have "hibernating" members is a good solution or not. We aren't removing any of their rights as they could come back, vote, invest or withdraw at any point.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

hiswitzend

Post by hiswitzend » Thu Feb 13 2020 5:27am

IMHO In that case we have to treat them as any other member and just bear in mind in votes currently we will see no activity

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Feb 13 2020 7:54am

garindan wrote:
Wed Feb 12 2020 9:02pm
hiswitzend wrote:
Wed Feb 12 2020 4:35pm

Yes, fully paid-up member, so I'm happy enough with that. It's just a process thing really that I am mainly interested in, in that we come to an agreement whether have "hibernating" members is a good solution or not. We aren't removing any of their rights as they could come back, vote, invest or withdraw at any point.
hiswitzend wrote:
Thu Feb 13 2020 5:27am
IMHO In that case we have to treat them as any other member and just bear in mind in votes currently we will see no activity
As long as the non-active members aren't hindering our ability to invest and sell then I'm happy to let them hibernate.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Feb 13 2020 9:34am

I would say they have a standing order so still feel a letter from Richard is needed. If the unthinkable has happened then the executor of the estate needs to be informed
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Columbo

Post by Columbo » Wed Feb 19 2020 9:54am

Did you manage to contact harinmenon? I hope all was well
Thanked by: blythburgh

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Wed Feb 19 2020 11:58am

columbo wrote:
Wed Feb 19 2020 9:54am
Yes fingers crossed all is well.

This prompted me to consider my own circumstances. I checked my profile and cannot see an address listed and don't recall adding one when I joined Imutual but it was 10 years ago so I may well have! In any case I have moved house since then and am pretty certain I have not added these details anywhere. The only contact details I can see is my own email address. Therefore other than perhaps my own personal plans for a next of kin to access my email account I am not sure what contingency plans Imutual have more generally in these circumstances? If there aren't any or they are not very robust is this something we should look at addressing? It not only has relevance to the CIC members but more widely to Imutual.

We don't want to create an admin nightmare but perhaps for example if an account with say £10 or above is dormant for more than 6 months some form of procedure to contact them (and if no reply next of kin) should kick-in?
Thanked by: Columbo

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Feb 19 2020 12:05pm

Beachboy wrote:
Wed Feb 19 2020 11:58am
columbo wrote:
Wed Feb 19 2020 9:54am

This prompted me to consider my own circumstances. I checked my profile and cannot see an address listed and don't recall adding one when I joined Imutual but it was 10 years ago so I may well have! In any case I have moved house since then and am pretty certain I have not added these details anywhere. The only contact details I can see is my own email address. Therefore other than perhaps my own personal plans for a next of kin to access my email account I am not sure what contingency plans Imutual have more generally in these circumstances? If there aren't any or they are not very robust is this something we should look at addressing? It not only has relevance to the CIC members but more widely to Imutual.

We don't want to create an admin nightmare but perhaps for example if an account with say £10 or above is dormant for more than 6 months some form of procedure to contact them (and if no reply next of kin) should kick-in?
Six months sounds good but I think nine months is better.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Feb 19 2020 12:17pm

Beachboy wrote:

I think you might find your address here https://www.imutual.co.uk/shareholder
Thanked by: Columbo, pabenny

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Wed Feb 19 2020 12:23pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Wed Feb 19 2020 12:17pm
Beachboy wrote:

I think you might find your address here https://www.imutual.co.uk/shareholder
Thanks that is useful. I had updated my address from my house move a few years ago, I was more efficient than I thought!
Thanked by: Columbo