Sell
54%

Total votes: 13

garindan

Re: Warehouse REIT - share monitoring

Post by garindan » Mon Jan 20 2020 5:42pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Jan 12 2020 1:08am
...don't fool yourself; v safe...!?! First see what the gearing of this trust is - loans to assets then perhaps look to the contracts of rental they have, what increases they allow and how long are those contracts. Then (and probably most importantly) who are the clients and how sound are they to continue payments? There is a starter for ten before you say words like ...very safe investment :think:
I think this quote from Lemming Investors blog about Warehouse REIT pretty much describes what I mean about why I see the share as a "safe" option as opposed to, say, Pure Gold Mining:
Today's featured company is a departure from the riskier and possibly sexier future opportunities and in many ways, Warehouse REIT (WHR) is as boring as watching Manchester United v Liverpool these days; while the rewards used to be silverware (in MUFCs case) with Warehouse REIT it is likely strong capital growth and a progressive dividend and the shortage in urban logistics space has driven consolidation within the sector and area the company has been aggressively acquiring a diversified portfolio.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Jan 27 2020 4:32pm

Warehouse REIT [WHR]
Our Performance: +12.6%
Current Buy: 116.50
Current Year High: 112.50 [01/01/2020]
Current Year Low: 92.00 [01/01/2020]
Current Dividend Yield: 5.38% [01/01/2020]

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-sear ... e-reit-ord
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Fri Mar 06 2020 9:57am

I think we should sell our holding to generate funds ready for another purchase.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Mar 09 2020 12:55pm

Beachboy wrote:
Fri Mar 06 2020 9:57am
I think we should sell our holding to generate funds ready for another purchase.
Bit late for that trick.
Thanked by: planteria

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Mon Mar 09 2020 2:05pm

LLOY got to be worth a punt @ 41p with 5.5% divi payable in litle over two months.

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Mon Mar 09 2020 2:23pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Mon Mar 09 2020 12:55pm
Beachboy wrote:
Bit late for that trick.
Not sure I agree. At the time I made the suggestion we were 10% up, we are still 5% up. I personally think realising a profit and looking at another opportunity that is worthwhile that might present greater potential.

garindan

Post by garindan » Mon Mar 09 2020 2:57pm

I must admit I am considering what could be a much more radical option. Dumping many of our shares in favour of two or three we already have and investing more in those than looking for other potential options. I know Lloyds has been tipped by Motley Fool. It might be worth considering.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Mar 09 2020 5:59pm

garindan wrote:
Mon Mar 09 2020 2:57pm
I must admit I am considering what could be a much more radical option. Dumping many of our shares in favour of two or three we already have and investing more in those than looking for other potential options. I know Lloyds has been tipped by Motley Fool. It might be worth considering.
Bit too too too late for that trick.

Things don't go our way with this "more radical option" and we will be looking at a double loss that will take us the next decade to break even again.

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Fri Mar 20 2020 9:02am

Beachboy wrote:
Mon Mar 09 2020 2:23pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Beachboy wrote:
Bit late for that trick.
Not sure I agree. At the time I made the suggestion we were 10% up, we are still 5% up. I personally think realising a profit and looking at another opportunity that is worthwhile that might present greater potential.
Time has proven that when the suggestion was made it was not too late, we were 10% up then, currently we are 27% down. A net loss of 37% as it stands. It is frustrating because if the argument is that we think they bounce back (which is far from clear but lets stick with that) then we could have now be buying this share at a fraction of what we previously paid or have picked a share from a sector that might see growth in this crisis situation.

garindan

Post by garindan » Fri Mar 20 2020 9:21am

Beachboy wrote:
Fri Mar 20 2020 9:02am
Beachboy wrote:
Mon Mar 09 2020 2:23pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:

Bit late for that trick.
Time has proven that when the suggestion was made it was not too late, we were 10% up then, currently we are 27% down. A net loss of 37% as it stands. It is frustrating because if the argument is that we think they bounce back (which is far from clear but lets stick with that) then we could have now be buying this share at a fraction of what we previously paid or have picked a share from a sector that might see growth in this crisis situation.
I agree. However, we might have bought back too early, but even that would have "made" us money, having the same holding for cheaper. The bigger concern is how much all the shares have dropped. It is difficult to know what we should have done and what we do not. Look at Ramsdens for example - last time I looked they were ~80p, down from ~255p. Utterly bewildering.