Budget 2020

Money, investing, mutuals etc
BeautifulSunshine

Budget 2020

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Mar 11 2020 9:18pm

Overall a good budget and I'm very pleased. Especially, the freeze in fuel duty for the 10th consecutive year.

A quick summary of the main points here:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51832634
Thanked by: blythburgh
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

planteria

Re: Budget 2020

Post by planteria » Thu Mar 12 2020 8:25am

Sunak seems to be a good man for the job.
there was a lot of fearmongering in advance of the budget, with none of the ideas floated coming to pass.
increasing the NI threshold, and continuing to do so, is progress.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Re: Budget 2020

Post by blythburgh » Thu Mar 12 2020 8:46am

Magic money tree found. But sadly no word on social care the biggest problem outside of global warming we face.

No mention of re-opening the small local hospitals that have not already been sold off. So easy to send patients who do not need the stuff in a main hospital. Not just the elderly, I was sent to one for a couple of weeks after an operation when in my 30's. No doctors, mostly nursing assistants with enough senior nurses to spot problems and get a Doctor in if necessary.

Because the NHS and Social Care are not joined up we are wasting millions if not billions, people are waiting for a hospital bed in the main hospitals and so many suffer.

I am not blaming the current Govt. I am blaming all the main parties who have held power this century.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler