What Are You Stockpiling for Coronavirus?

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
BeautifulSunshine

Re: What Are You Stockpiling for Coronavirus?

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Mar 19 2020 4:03pm

blythburgh wrote:
Thu Mar 19 2020 8:06am
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Wed Mar 18 2020 3:19pm
macliam wrote:
Wed Mar 18 2020 1:28pm

Said ZetaFart, kicking the old lady off the lifeboat.....

.... and there, m'lud, is the evidence for the prosecution.

FIFY - I'm not as polite as the burger.
I'm a tough guy - I don't need your politeness.
And the world does not need selfish stockpiling people like you.

On the radio only heard the start of the programme so only on story. Couple in 80's have weekly supermarket delivery. He has had a stroke and needs carers daily to wash and dress/undress. Went to order and no delivery slots for any of the weeks on the site. How do people like that eat?

But it is not you or your family so you just feel proud of yourself for booking your slots
I don't do my grocery shopping online. I went to my local Asda, Tesco and Lidl and filled up several trolleys, paid cash and put them in the back of my 4X4.

Consequently, I haven't booked anyone else's slots.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Thu Mar 19 2020 5:25pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Thu Mar 19 2020 4:03pm
I don't do my grocery shopping online. I went to my local Asda, Tesco and Lidl and filled up several trolleys, paid cash and put them in the back of my 4X4.

No, but you and others like you have emptied the shelves.

There is no shortage of stock.
What has happened is that some people - like you - have increased demand to the point where the supply chain cannot replenish quickly enough.

Had you just done your normal shop, there would be no problems getting bread, pasta, toilet paper etc.

The current bare shelves are entirely your fault.

Either you are winding us up (entirely possible) or you are an arrogant self-centred idiot.
Thanked by: blythburgh

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Mar 19 2020 5:28pm

Chadwick wrote:
Thu Mar 19 2020 5:25pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:

What has happened is that some people - like you - have increased demand to the point where the supply chain cannot replenish quickly enough.

Had you just done your normal shop, there would be no problems getting bread, pasta, toilet paper etc.

Either you are winding us up (entirely possible) or you are an arrogant self-centred idiot.
The latter and proud to be so.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Mar 19 2020 7:09pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Thu Mar 19 2020 5:28pm
Chadwick wrote:
Thu Mar 19 2020 5:25pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:

The latter and proud to be so.
No now, play nicely children! ;)

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Mar 20 2020 10:19am

It it not just the selfish bustards like the above who are causing the shortage.

Just imagine a shop sells 100 bags of sugar a day so orders 100 from the warehouse.

The first 50 people in the shop think I had better take just one more just in case. I am not a stockpiler so not causing a shortage.

The other 50 people cannot buy their bag of sugar because the first 50 bought one extra
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Fri Mar 20 2020 1:21pm

blythburgh wrote:
Fri Mar 20 2020 10:19am
It it not just the selfish bustards like the above who are causing the shortage.

Just imagine a shop sells 100 bags of sugar a day so orders 100 from the warehouse.

The first 50 people in the shop think I had better take just one more just in case. I am not a stockpiler so not causing a shortage.

The other 50 people cannot buy their bag of sugar because the first 50 bought one extra
The first 50 wouldn't be worried enough to take the extra, if they hadn't been greeted with empty shelves on the last few visits.
It's a domino effect.

gle1975

Post by gle1975 » Fri Mar 20 2020 2:05pm

I think some people believe that the supermarkets are going to close down in a few weeks.

timco

Post by timco » Fri Mar 20 2020 4:27pm

Nothing nada zilch I work in a distribution centre for Sainsburys I know there are no shortages just the demand is outstripping the capacity to resupply. (There is a problem with fresh fruit/veg/eggs caused by over buying as most fresh fruit veg comes from abroad this time of year and is hard to supply. Eggs well there are only so many chickens in the country and they can only lay so many eggs in a day so asking them to up production is a little difficult. There are fresh eggs every day but again they are ripped off the shelves very quickly.)

Will the idiots please stop buying too much then the rest of us can live a rather normal life the elderly/sick won't have to worry and the idiots won't be having to climb over loo roll for several years to come.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Chadwick

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Mar 21 2020 10:26am

timco wrote:
Fri Mar 20 2020 4:27pm
Nothing nada zilch I work in a distribution centre for Sainsburys I know there are no shortages just the demand is outstripping the capacity to resupply. (There is a problem with fresh fruit/veg/eggs caused by over buying as most fresh fruit veg comes from abroad this time of year and is hard to supply. Eggs well there are only so many chickens in the country and they can only lay so many eggs in a day so asking them to up production is a little difficult. There are fresh eggs every day but again they are ripped off the shelves very quickly.)

Will the idiots please stop buying too much then the rest of us can live a rather normal life the elderly/sick won't have to worry and the idiots won't be having to climb over loo roll for several years to come.
When we praise the NHS staff we should be praising those in the grocery shops and their distribution train just as much. Bet it does not happen though.

I was in Tesco about 3/4 weeks ago. The disabled loo was occupied by a couple, the elderly man obviously very disabled and the wife full of unnecessary apologies for the length of wait when they eventually came out. So I got chatting to the cleaner who wanted to clean it as soon as it was empty. Now cleaners are vital to our health in shops as well as hospitals so I was shocked when she said she had been sworn at three times that day. And that was when everything was normal in the world and the corona virus was something that did not affect people here. Heaven knows what these poor people are going through now.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Mar 21 2020 11:06am

Boro Boy does not want me "insulting" Tim Martin. The man who is refusing to close his Wetherspoons chain of pub restaurants.

He will have blood on his hands if he does. As one woman said on TV "I told a colleague (or was it someone on a bus etc) if you do not care about getting the virus because if you name is on it you will get it so not changing my lifestyle 'if you get it and pass it on to me and I pass it on to my Mum, who I live with, she will die'

Martin and many who go to his pubs might survive the virus but some they infect will not.

I am living in fear of 'im indoors and a few other people I know who are at high risk if they get the virus and you get bustards like Tim Martin determined to spread it.