Citizen Khan gets away with murder...

Media articles about money-saving topics
Boro Boy

Citizen Khan gets away with murder...

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Mar 23 2020 5:17pm

Our London Mayor twists, turns avoiding reality and somehow gets away with it. The one thing Mr Khan is not good at is doing anything positive apart from building his little empire of well paid commissioners and building verbal garbage forums...

He for sure is not good at keeping his promises of building homes! So bad in fact that after spending a fortune on talking shops he had to give money, (that had been given to him by the Government) back to the Government as you could count the bricks laid in less than 5 minutes...!

But now he has excelled himself - posturing that he was going to save Londoners from the Virus he goes ahead and reduces the amount of tube trains to a Sunday service during the working week, meaning the tubes which were carrying people who could abide by the spacing directives to now be crowded on less trains - what did he say about this - well these people simply shouldn't be travelling! Has he completely disregarded workers who need to bring in money for there families and cannot work from home?

Then rescuing the Health Service workers, he spouts out the oh aren't I so good, after stopping the Congestion Charge so workers can travel into Central London to the hospitals without being charged - Well that didn't work... these Central London Hospital have no or very little car parking facilities and all parking in the streets around are chargeable to park on (and today near St Bart's Hospital I saw workers cars [who must have thought that the parking charges had also been taken away] with parking tickets on them).

So thank you for nothing Mr Khan. He has no joined up thinking, is good at spending/wasting money, not producing anything positive except promoting himself and somehow escaping blame for the disasters he leaves in the wake behind him.

For those members living outside of London - Lucky you! :wtf:

macliam

Re: Citizen Khan gets away with murder...

Post by macliam » Mon Mar 23 2020 7:25pm

Sorry, is this from the person who objected to Blythburgh calling Tim martin "odious" - pot and kettle methinks. :roll:

I think you'll find that the person you are referring to is Sadiq Khan by name, or Mayor Khan by title, - the term you use is just another figment of your febrile imagination.

I choose not to read or comment on the content of your post as, judging on past form, it will not support the thread title and when this is pointed out to you, you will ignore the comment, starting yet another pointless game of pingpong.

I'm out, so feel free to make some puerile response.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Mar 24 2020 12:42am

Interesting response but I guessed you'd say something referring more about me that the real villain of our time - Citizen Khan! Typical and says a lot about your mentality and concerns.

He was on the TV at the weekend saying he was rescuing London by reducing tube services in an effort to save London from the Virus and then late Monday night when his ideas had fallen to pieces he was saying that his actions had been brought about following consultations with the Government and that he would be pushing for an increase of services whilst condemning (so called) none essential travellers using the tube - who were probably the same people who last voted for him and they were only probably trying to earn a crust and supporting their family.

How are they going to do that if you make it as difficult as possible for them to get to work Mr Khan? Most will not get paid if they don't work... The tubes were fine before and travellers were capable of thinning out as a lot of City workers started working from home. But then Citizen Khan put his boot in...

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Mar 24 2020 9:38am

Well I am not in London and not commenting on democratically elected Mayor Khan.

Just find it worrying that our PM is having to be forced to take any measures and then gives us conflicting advice in the next breath.

Our Govt. was far too slow to react and put various measures in place that are vital.

Thank goodness the Govt. ministers on places like the Today programme have given clear and sensible advice.

Of all the Tory Party leaders the few thousand members who voted could have chosen I cannot help but feel they chose the weakest and the worst.

Do I want a Govt. of National Unity? No, I want a strong opposition that will hold the Govt to account and look at all their proposals and say which bits are wrong or need strengthening.

And when we will be told that the 1st January 2021 EU stuff has been put on hold. Not abandoned but just put on hold until everyone who needs to can get together and have meaningful discussions. No Govt can sort out Brexit and fight the virus.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Mar 24 2020 10:09am

I was thinking about how Johnson has behaved. He reminded me of a Cricket Captain who put all the fielders near the batsman and then had to run after the ball. A wiser Captain would have put his fielders where they were most likely to catch the ball.

Why so late in getting new ventilators? Why so late in asking retired medics to return? Why so late in getting supplies to hospitals, GP's surgeries, care homes etc? Why so late in getting the army to help get the supplies out?

Johnson says shop online for groceries when you can but how do we do that when there are no slots and in the case of Morrisons stuff essentials are greyed out as out of stock many days before actual delivery if you are lucky enough to get a slot?

And why did he not tell the supermarkets who deliver that they should prioritise existing regular online customers and any who were vulnerable due to age, health etc.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Mar 24 2020 12:35pm

blythburgh wrote:
Tue Mar 24 2020 10:09am
I was thinking about how Johnson has behaved. He reminded me of a Cricket Captain who put all the fielders near the batsman and then had to run after the ball. A wiser Captain would have put his fielders where they were most likely to catch the ball.

Why so late in getting new ventilators? Why so late in asking retired medics to return? Why so late in getting supplies to hospitals, GP's surgeries, care homes etc? Why so late in getting the army to help get the supplies out?

Johnson says shop online for groceries when you can but how do we do that when there are no slots and in the case of Morrisons stuff essentials are greyed out as out of stock many days before actual delivery if you are lucky enough to get a slot?

And why did he not tell the supermarkets who deliver that they should prioritise existing regular online customers and any who were vulnerable due to age, health etc.
Unfortunately I think he knows how many people are going to die and that he will be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't... Whereas Citizen Khan is far more slippery!

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Tue Mar 24 2020 6:00pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Mar 24 2020 12:35pm
Unfortunately I think [Boris] knows how many people are going to die and that he will be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't... Whereas Citizen Khan is far more slippery!
Really? It seems to me that Khan is also damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
Thanked by: pakefield, blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Mar 24 2020 6:23pm

Chadwick wrote:
Tue Mar 24 2020 6:00pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Unfortunately I think [Boris] knows how many people are going to die and that he will be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't... Whereas Citizen Khan is far more slippery!
Really? It seems to me that Khan is also damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
One big difference - Citizen Khan is useless! Knife crime, building homes, reducing tube services to cram more travellers on them, taking away the congestion charges so that NHS staff can travel in their own transport and then catching them out by keeping the parking charges... need I say more - he's useless! :wave:

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Wed Mar 25 2020 12:14pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Mar 24 2020 6:23pm
Chadwick wrote:
Tue Mar 24 2020 6:00pm
Boro Boy wrote:
One big difference - Citizen Khan is useless! Knife crime, building homes, reducing tube services to cram more travellers on them, taking away the congestion charges so that NHS staff can travel in their own transport and then catching them out by keeping the parking charges... need I say more - he's useless! :wave:
I see your point.
Boris has never made a mistake, issued contradictory advice or had lies painted on a bus to further his own career.

But keep your blue-tinted glasses on and you'll see only what you want to see and you'll be happy with that.

regulator

Post by regulator » Wed Mar 25 2020 12:48pm

Legally, can Khan be sacked?