Corona Virus Hero's

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Re: Corona Virus Hero's

Post by blythburgh » Sun Mar 29 2020 9:57am

Timpson's is planning to pay all of its staff 100% of their pay. They already employ ex prisoners after they have been very carefully vetted of course.

So a double thumbs up/round of applause to Timpsons and its admirable boss
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Mar 29 2020 10:38am

Didsbury Gin who have turned over their production line to hand sanitiser. https://didsburygin.com/
Thanked by: blythburgh

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sun Mar 29 2020 6:18pm

Stunning staff @NHS. Which reminds me...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=88865
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Mar 30 2020 12:13am

blythburgh wrote:
Sun Mar 29 2020 9:54am
Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Mar 28 2020 5:19pm
Latest update: I thought hooray when I saw what I thought were Co-op staff in the nearest Co-op branch to me... but low and behold they were dismantling everything, shelves etc. Looks like: "Co-op drives a stake into the heart of this local community!"
Was the Co-op always planning to close this branch due to high overheads and low footfall?
Well that would be a coincidence happening to three branches all at the same time! Why do you say low foot fall. It is less than 400yds from St Bart's NHS Hospital and the biggest concentration of inhabitants in Central London at Barbican, which is just around the corner and other smaller newer developments surround it - why do people take on board the stereo type that the City is the Bank of England and the rest is just offices... uneducated on this matter, untraveled in this area and very wrong!

The Co-op strap line of ...always at the heart of the community - should read: we stab the heart of the local community! They only there when the going is good! As opposed to Leon Restaurants who have impressed me a lot with their enterprise and community spirit! (also sells loo roll and eggs now!). :thumbup:

Leon Restaurants.jpg
Leon Restaurants
Leon Restaurants.jpg (228.39 KiB) Viewed 1902 times

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Apr 01 2020 12:47am

MG gives a fleet of electric cars to NHS staff: https://www.regit.cars/car-news/mg-dona ... taff_72725 :thumbup:

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Apr 01 2020 8:02am

Got this email from the Co-op (national not local one):

https://view.membershipmail.coop.co.uk/ ... 4be8ebde22
Thanked by: Boro Boy
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Apr 01 2020 7:15pm

blythburgh wrote:
Wed Apr 01 2020 8:02am
Got this email from the Co-op (national not local one):

https://view.membershipmail.coop.co.uk/ ... 4be8ebde22
Yes I got that as well, better late than never; it is just full of excuses with no real explanations. One of the closures next to me is close to St Barts NHS Hospital - the Coop's email doesn't remove them from my Corona Virus Villains list. Their strap line: "Putting the Co-op at the heart of local life..." is not really being lived up to, it fact they have driven a stake through that heart; really seems they are only around in the good times! :thumbdown:

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Apr 02 2020 11:22am

So did a search for Hotel Chocolat so I could do my Kelkoo search.

And went into site as I shall have to order a box of chocs for a May birthday pressie.

Stores & online update
As a food producer and distributor, during the current emergency we are using 3 principles to guide us:

1/ Follow the latest Government guidance on safety
In our distribution centre, we have taken careful and extreme measures to keep the team safe, putting safety ahead of profit. This means we can handle approximately half the workload of pre-virus and is why we are rationing online orders every day to make sure the team don’t feel overwhelmed.

2/ Keep the Hotel Chocolat family together, whatever it takes
However long this lasts, we intend to keep the team together with no redundancies and pay as usual. We made this commitment before the Chancellor stepped in with some support to make this easier (which is hugely appreciated).We've streamlined our range of products (for now) so that we can work more safely and smoothly in our Distribution Centre and continue to bring you happiness through chocolate.

NHS and Blue Light Card holders
Our nurses, doctors, paramedics and others are working tirelessly round the clock and harder than ever – we hope to bring you a touch of joy and some light relief as we navigate these uncharted waters together. That’s why we’re offering 50% off* to NHS staff and emergency workers; the same staff discount that all of us at Hotel Chocolat enjoy.
To redeem, please enter your details into this form. You will shortly receive an email with more information on how to claim your discount.

Angus Thirlwell, CEO and Co-founder

I am even more pleased I have a box upstairs waiting for Easter Sunday from Hotel Chocolat

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Apr 02 2020 1:00pm

Respect Hotel Chocolat.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Apr 04 2020 2:45am

Heros or Villains? How Iran is handling the Corona Virus: https://observers.france24.com/en/20200 ... 2463152530 :thumbdown: