Notice of EGM

richard@imutual
Posts: 5069
Joined: Wed Jun 23 2010 10:19am
Sharing: 2stars.png
Has thanked: 1861 times
Been thanked: 3850 times
Contact:

Re: Notice of EGM

Post by richard@imutual » Mon May 11 2020 8:14pm

Bruce wrote:
Mon May 11 2020 11:24am
How does this affect our accounting practices and sharing of this information?
I still plan to publish the P&L accounts every year

Boro Boy
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Sep 15 2014 6:05pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 2013 times

Re: Notice of EGM

Post by Boro Boy » Mon May 11 2020 10:35pm

cccashbacklover wrote:
Mon May 11 2020 7:13am
Boro Boy wrote:
Sun May 10 2020 7:53pm
[

If not an addition to the existing EGM, I would like to see a written statement and above all a commitment from management to an outline for future growth with a timetable, along with a clear marketing strategy and budget before I vote for the proposal put forward embodied in the EGM
Do you mean similar to this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=87460&sid=10ee9ee6 ... cf3be6c278 1 August 2019

or similiar to this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=87874&sid=10ee9ee6 ... cf3be6c278 17 October 2019

or this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=86872&sid=10ee9ee6 ... cf3be6c278 28 April 2019

Or this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=85851&sid=10ee9ee6 ... cf3be6c278 15 January 2019 "Priorities for 2019"

I think the major areas of technical development will be:
- Better and more regular email communications
- Initiatives to increase word-of-mouth referrals
- Better mobile experience

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:25 am viewtopic.php?f=10&t=85035&sid=10ee9ee6 ... cf3be6c278

"But after that, I'll hopefully be in a position to help imutual fulfil its true potential"


Same as old R-Points forum I am thinking most particularly of the "how can we turn things around thread" long forum/post discussions, very little ( if any) difference years later = increasing use of the word "irrelevant" "continued irrelevance" by site members.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31688 - 2013
One big difference - never a commitment and never a budget. This is what is required if it is going to stick and avoiding history repeating itself.
Thanked by: blythburgh, planteria

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 26555
Joined: Tue Sep 14 2010 8:23pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 3661 times
Contact:

Re: Notice of EGM

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Tue May 12 2020 8:33am

richard@imutual wrote:
Mon May 11 2020 8:14pm
Bruce wrote:
Mon May 11 2020 11:24am
How does this affect our accounting practices and sharing of this information?
I still plan to publish the P&L accounts every year
Good move.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Sep 15 2014 6:05pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 2013 times

Re: Notice of EGM

Post by Boro Boy » Thu May 14 2020 2:47am

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon May 11 2020 10:35pm
cccashbacklover wrote:
Mon May 11 2020 7:13am
Boro Boy wrote:
Sun May 10 2020 7:53pm
[

If not an addition to the existing EGM, I would like to see a written statement and above all a commitment from management to an outline for future growth with a timetable, along with a clear marketing strategy and budget before I vote for the proposal put forward embodied in the EGM
Do you mean similar to this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=87460&sid=10ee9ee6 ... cf3be6c278 1 August 2019

or similiar to this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=87874&sid=10ee9ee6 ... cf3be6c278 17 October 2019

or this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=86872&sid=10ee9ee6 ... cf3be6c278 28 April 2019

Or this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=85851&sid=10ee9ee6 ... cf3be6c278 15 January 2019 "Priorities for 2019"

I think the major areas of technical development will be:
- Better and more regular email communications
- Initiatives to increase word-of-mouth referrals
- Better mobile experience

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:25 am viewtopic.php?f=10&t=85035&sid=10ee9ee6 ... cf3be6c278

"But after that, I'll hopefully be in a position to help imutual fulfil its true potential"


Same as old R-Points forum I am thinking most particularly of the "how can we turn things around thread" long forum/post discussions, very little ( if any) difference years later = increasing use of the word "irrelevant" "continued irrelevance" by site members.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31688 - 2013
One big difference - never a commitment and never a budget. This is what is required if it is going to stick and avoiding history repeating itself.
Should I be surprised that this all is drifting off the radar...?

pabenny
Posts: 1992
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 5:21pm
Has thanked: 551 times
Been thanked: 1581 times
Contact:

Re: Notice of EGM

Post by pabenny » Thu May 14 2020 8:15am

Boro Boy wrote:
Thu May 14 2020 2:47am
Should I be surprised that this all is drifting off the radar...?
No

cccashbacklover
Posts: 2055
Joined: Mon Jul 05 2010 9:55pm
Has thanked: 1185 times
Been thanked: 1249 times
Contact:

Re: Notice of EGM

Post by cccashbacklover » Thu May 14 2020 11:51am

Boro Boy wrote:
Thu May 14 2020 2:47am

Should I be surprised that this all is drifting off the radar...?
Irony is that is the second time you have quoted and responded to that post, is as if nothing new for you to reply to so you reply to same post again. :lol:

Boro Boy
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Sep 15 2014 6:05pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 2013 times

Re: Notice of EGM

Post by Boro Boy » Thu May 14 2020 12:19pm

cccashbacklover wrote:
Thu May 14 2020 11:51am
Boro Boy wrote:
Thu May 14 2020 2:47am

Should I be surprised that this all is drifting off the radar...?
Irony is that is the second time you have quoted and responded to that post, is as if nothing new for you to reply to so you reply to same post again. :lol:
How observant of you, now do you have anything positive to add to the debate...

Boro Boy
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Sep 15 2014 6:05pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 2013 times

Re: Notice of EGM

Post by Boro Boy » Thu May 14 2020 12:19pm

pabenny wrote:
Thu May 14 2020 8:15am
Boro Boy wrote:
Thu May 14 2020 2:47am
Should I be surprised that this all is drifting off the radar...?
No
I guess the growth visions and bright future got lost along the way. Minimal effort still produces an income stream so why disturb that even if it is diminishing... The original image of what iMutual could become seems to be talked about but actually is now nearer a dream than reality. We seem to be settling into a niché of diminishing insignificance...

Whilst iMutual is intact and operational I wonder if Richard has consider presenting the company up for sale? That may be difficult as iMutual is "his baby" but now may be the time to reinvigorate iMutual and that may only occur from an influx of funds (where is that going to come from?), selling to a venture capital company specialising in tech (maybe) or an IPO (which I can't see happening).

I always thought iMutual had amazing "potential" but as time goes by that seems to be drifting further away from reality, accepting the proposed changes seems to me that we are also accepting that iMutual will never fulfil its potential and in fact only go in the opposite direction! On the basis I have not heard anything to convince me we are on the right track I am almost definitely voting against the change. This may just result as a protest vote but I feel it is my way of saying that I was not part of the plan to see iMutual enter purgatory. I would love to be proven wrong here but, very disappointingly, I don't see any sign of that happening...
Thanked by: pabenny, planteria

pabenny
Posts: 1992
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 5:21pm
Has thanked: 551 times
Been thanked: 1581 times
Contact:

Re: Notice of EGM

Post by pabenny » Thu May 14 2020 2:57pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Thu May 14 2020 12:19pm
..Minimal effort still produces an income stream so why disturb that even if it is diminishing...
And that's what we have.

The director has barely engaged with this thread or the one where he first mooted the change of status - and not at all on matters of strategy or growth. Likewise on the many constructive suggestions that you in particular have made.

IMutual probably won't go under - it could limp along for years to come with a few daily clicks. But that's about the limit of today's potential.
Thanked by: planteria, Ric

parchedpeas
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 1:34pm
Has thanked: 151 times
Been thanked: 364 times
Contact:

Re: Notice of EGM

Post by parchedpeas » Thu May 14 2020 3:36pm

pabenny wrote:
Thu May 14 2020 2:57pm
IMutual probably won't go under - it could limp along for years to come with a few daily clicks. But that's about the limit of today's potential.
In many ways I don't really blame Richard for this outlook but it would help everybody if it was more explicitly stated because it would save us all having to spend hours going around in circles on threads like these.

There is simply no more scope to "grow" this site organically - we've exhausted all our referrals and a lot of the good will around new ideas has dried up too. So this vote is effectively just releasing £6k which will be used in salaries. Again, that's fine. But it would save us all time and effort if that's what was said upfront.

There's no growth plan, the site still looks years out of date, it still doesn't work on mobile properly (in the year 2020 this is frankly incredible) and there is no will / time to change any of this. The £6k saved could be used for any or all of those things. But there's nothing to say it will be. So I've no idea why I should vote for it other than because I think the fruits of ones labours should remain in the hands of the person who has done the work. But it's not exactly an inspiring reason.
Thanked by: pabenny, planteria, Bruce, Ric

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests