Notice of EGM

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Re: Notice of EGM

Post by richard@imutual » Thu May 14 2020 4:55pm

parchedpeas wrote:
Thu May 14 2020 3:36pm
the site still looks years out of date, it still doesn't work on mobile properly
The plan to improve the site is essentially unchanged from the one I described late last year. There is still much to do. The problem is, in the current climate the company doesn't have the resources to pay me so I've needed to take full-time work elsewhere. Any time I spend on imutual over the next 6 months or so will be mainly about keeping things ticking over, plus adding more offers as and when they arise

Once the general market improves, imutual can generate funds to be invested in site development. Saving £6k in audit / accountancy fees can only be a positive as far as that's concerned. Hence the rationale for the EGM resolution
Thanked by: planteria, blythburgh

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Thu May 14 2020 5:51pm

richard@imutual wrote:
Thu May 14 2020 4:55pm

The plan to improve the site is essentially unchanged from the one I described late last year. There is still much to do. The problem is, in the current climate the company doesn't have the resources to pay me so I've needed to take full-time work elsewhere
I have wondered for some time how much would it have cost to have aquired a custom/suitable website for this cashback site 2020 style, all members re-registered at the new website with this website kept open until all redemptions had been made in comparison to paying you ( and waiting for you) to improve this website which is what I assume you have been doing bearing in mine new website could have been got going a lot sooner, nothing needed to be transferred over .... Forum could have been started from scratch

We have all seen how easy it is to launch a new modern Cashback site, Cashback Today being the most recent example.......
Thanked by: planteria, blythburgh, Ric

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri May 15 2020 7:52am

richard@imutual wrote:
The plan to improve the site is essentially unchanged from the one I described late last year. ....
Meanwhile, the decline into irrelevance continues.
Thanked by: planteria, Ric

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri May 15 2020 7:52am

cccashbacklover wrote:
Thu May 14 2020 5:51pm
richard@imutual wrote:

The plan to improve the site is essentially unchanged from the one I described late last year. There is still much to do. The problem is, in the current climate the company doesn't have the resources to pay me so I've needed to take full-time work elsewhere
I have wondered for some time how much would it have cost to have aquired a custom/suitable website for this cashback site 2020 style, all members re-registered at the new website with this website kept open until all redemptions had been made in comparison to paying you ( and waiting for you) to improve this website which is what I assume you have been doing bearing in mine new website could have been got going a lot sooner, nothing needed to be transferred over .... Forum could have been started from scratch

We have all seen how easy it is to launch a new modern Cashback site, Cashback Today being the most recent example.......
For the enlightened amongst us, the forum is the crown jewel of the imutual project.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

planteria

Post by planteria » Fri May 15 2020 8:28am

some interesting points.. the last thing i want to do is be negative about what we have here, but i've 'Liked' several posts that are querying the prospects/commitment, partly because it's good to see that people really care.
Thanked by: blythburgh

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Fri May 15 2020 8:57am

richard@imutual wrote:
[
The plan to improve the site is essentially unchanged from the one I described late last year. There is still much to do. The problem is, in the current climate the company doesn't have the resources to pay me so I've needed to take full-time work elsewhere. Any time I spend on imutual over the next 6 months or so will be mainly about keeping things ticking over, plus adding more offers as and when they arise
Can also go back to various other long posts from you spanning years, lots of ideas, at best little has changed .....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89017&start=20#p253974

2013 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31688 ( Before that if my memory serves me correct you were writing long posts telling us what a fantasic job you and your family were doing, query stats etc)

On a lighthearted note post following this post is off topic, it should be in "fun and games" "if the company were to be wound up, what would each share be paid?"
Last edited by cccashbacklover on Fri May 15 2020 9:40am, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Fri May 15 2020 9:27am

Totally random question: if the company were to be wound up, what would each share be paid? If there appears to be no long term future for the company, aren't we best to make the most of the assets we own before throwing more money at a business that doesn't seem able to grow?

Edited to add: worked this out myself. 2019 accounts show net assets of £65,256. There are 11,053,953 member shares issued, therefore £0.005903408491062 per share, assuming no costs involved in winding up the company. My holding would be worth around £167.

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Fri May 15 2020 10:26am

Without producing up-to-date accounts I couldn't give you a definitive figure but I suspect you would get a small fraction of that. Members are free to propose such a resolution though, as well as putting themselves forward as candidates for director
Thanked by: blythburgh, planteria, Bruce

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri May 15 2020 10:28am

richard@imutual wrote:
Fri May 15 2020 10:26am
Without producing up-to-date accounts I couldn't give you a definitive figure but I suspect you would get a small fraction of that. Members are free to propose such a resolution though, as well as putting themselves forward as candidates for director
My vote of yes remains unchanged
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri May 15 2020 10:50am

richard@imutual wrote:
Fri May 15 2020 10:26am
... Members are free to propose such a resolution though [to wind up the company], as well as putting themselves forward as candidates for director
True.

But entirely pointless given the 99.8% of shares controlled by the director. Unless you're telling us that you would be willing to support election of additional directors?
Thanked by: cccashbacklover