Notice of EGM

cccashbacklover

Re: Notice of EGM

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon May 18 2020 11:02pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon May 18 2020 10:31pm
[
I think the word you are looking for is "potential"...
No, I was never taken in by Richard/Richards concept/vision

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 19 2020 1:42am

cccashbacklover wrote:
Mon May 18 2020 11:02pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon May 18 2020 10:31pm
[
I think the word you are looking for is "potential"...
No, I was never taken in by Richard/Richards concept/vision
I don't think he was ever out to "hoodwink" anyone, I just think he lost faith in the potential of his own idea and it became a bit of a monster for him, so the company has lost its way... :think:
Thanked by: blythburgh

planteria

Post by planteria » Tue May 19 2020 8:56am

agreed re your first point BB..
and perhaps Richard wants to respond re your latter point..

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue May 19 2020 11:54am

There is no point in further discussing past failings or future potential because it's abundantly clear that management are unable or unwilling to engage in that discussion.

I shall most likely vote against the proposals - like Mr Boro Boy, as a protest, and for very similar reasons.
Thanked by: planteria, Boro Boy, blythburgh

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Tue May 19 2020 1:14pm

I plan to be available via Google Meet at 11am on Sunday as part of announcing the EGM result. Happy to field questions on imutual's future. Look forward to speaking with you then
Thanked by: planteria, Boro Boy, blythburgh

garindan

Post by garindan » Tue May 19 2020 1:30pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue May 19 2020 1:42am
I just think he lost faith in the potential of his own idea and it became a bit of a monster for him, so the company has lost its way... :think:
That viewpoint may well be what you *think* but without knowing the inner workings of the company, Richard and his personal situation it is rather presumptuous to draw that as a conclusion. There are many reasons small businesses don't progress quickly and whilst "becoming a bit of a monster" might affect a small number there are many more likely reasons why imutual has not progressed in the way originally visioned. In a ideal situation I'm sure Richard would very much rather be working on his own project than someone else's project. Everyone knows the old adage of not being able to make a million if you are working for someone else. These days it is not 100% watertight but it is for nearly 100% of examples....

Personally I see no real harm taking another 6 months out, reducing costs, seeing where things are at and then potentially rebranding and relaunching as a "new" contender. It would take more than just Richard to make it a success though. It clearly needs to offer something additional to the likes of the big players currently in the market, and it is doubtful they would follow suit being such big hitters already. The key would really be to offer something interesting, attract a percentage of the market, show growth and be bought out by one of the big players. It is the best route in the current climate where there are such dominant players.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

planteria

Post by planteria » Tue May 19 2020 2:28pm

richard@imutual wrote:
Tue May 19 2020 1:14pm
I plan to be available via Google Meet at 11am on Sunday as part of announcing the EGM result. Happy to field questions on imutual's future. Look forward to speaking with you then
fwiw i think more from you in advance of the meeting would be helpful richard.
Thanked by: pabenny, blythburgh

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Tue May 19 2020 4:40pm

planteria wrote:
Tue May 19 2020 2:28pm
fwiw i think more from you in advance of the meeting would be helpful richard.
I've answered every question that's relevant to the EGM resolution. There are a small number of posters who periodically repeat similar comments about strategy, my "failings" etc. A trawl through past posts will show that I've devoted a significant amount of energy into answering these comments, but it doesn't stop them. I don't think I'm serving the interests of imutual shareholders by engaging further with them on this thread. I think the offer of a Google meet is quite generous - presumably they'll take it up?

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue May 19 2020 5:11pm

I assume I'm one of the people you mean when you snipe at "posters who periodically repeat similar comments..." Perhaps we repeat those things because we're actually concerned about the decline into irrelevance of IM - concern that affects *all* shareholders, vocal or not.

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Tue May 19 2020 6:13pm

First it was wait and look forward to new/revamped website to coincide with 10 year anniversary June 2020 and a big promotion push, now it is 6 months +, pipe dream goes on " and be bought out by one of the big players" same line as from up to 10 years ago, someone might buy us and give value for the shares. :roll:

"potential", "potentially" :lol:

About Us - imutual
www.imutual.co.uk
By rewarding members with free shares, we aim to create the UK's largest "consumer co-operative"; a powerful group of (potentially) millions of shareholders
Thanked by: pabenny