I agree entirely with this sentiment and think the following should be considered by all going forward:
- over the coming months there will be lots of ideas from lots of people, as there has been in the past
- not all of the ideas are going to be ones that should be pursued
- all ideas should be discussed
- each person brings a view to the table that is valuable, yet it might not be what the person posting the idea wanted to hear and it doesn't necessarily mean they are right or wrong, but each person is entitled to have their own view and put it across
- it would be great if all parties can be sensible, polite and contribute positively to discussions so we can do away with some of the angst in posts on this site
Often an idea can develop quite considerably from someone's original thought and more often than not it is good critique and discussion that brings about that change, for the positive.