ADVERTISING: One for Richard...

garindan

Re: ADVERTISING: One for Richard...

Post by garindan » Wed May 27 2020 9:57pm

planteria wrote:
Wed May 27 2020 7:52pm
we should all welcome any ideas that are put forward, and then discuss their merits/otherwise.
I agree entirely with this sentiment and think the following should be considered by all going forward:

- over the coming months there will be lots of ideas from lots of people, as there has been in the past
- not all of the ideas are going to be ones that should be pursued
- all ideas should be discussed
- each person brings a view to the table that is valuable, yet it might not be what the person posting the idea wanted to hear and it doesn't necessarily mean they are right or wrong, but each person is entitled to have their own view and put it across
- it would be great if all parties can be sensible, polite and contribute positively to discussions so we can do away with some of the angst in posts on this site

Often an idea can develop quite considerably from someone's original thought and more often than not it is good critique and discussion that brings about that change, for the positive.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed May 27 2020 10:01pm

planteria wrote:
firstly, well done to Boro Boy for coming up with the idea.

timing it important in two respects: one we want to have the site/offer right in readiness for an advertising campaign, two we could work to a milestone - as BB suggests.

following the EGM i think the most important thing is that We Do Do Something. on that basis we should all welcome any ideas that are put forward, and then discuss their merits/otherwise.
The thing is this is always like pushing water up-hill... it is easy always to come up with reasons why not (though why members would knock radio as the wrong medium I don't know...!) negativity rules - lets see some suggestions - but the truth is that is the hard bit, to bring something productive to the table; so I don't expect too many responses... :think:

However, at the end of the day leadership comes from the top (or should do). :eh:
Thanked by: planteria, blythburgh

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri May 29 2020 8:47am

Ideas are welcome and at the end of the day it is Richard who must make the call as to which path to sail the ship on.

This belief that your idea is not valued is false. The very fact that people are engaging with your idea with feedback, positive or negative, is testimony that your idea has been considered.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Boro Boy
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri May 29 2020 10:55am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri May 29 2020 8:47am
Ideas are welcome and at the end of the day it is Richard who must make the call as to which path to sail the ship on.

This belief that your idea is not valued is false. The very fact that people are engaging with your idea with feedback, positive or negative, is testimony that your idea has been considered.
One of the best posts you have ever made
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

planteria

Post by planteria » Sat May 30 2020 10:22am

i agree with AAAT's second point.. but re the former, Richard has opened things up.. we all need to get involved in what we do going forwards.
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Jun 05 2020 5:24pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Wed May 27 2020 10:01pm
planteria wrote:
firstly, well done to Boro Boy for coming up with the idea.

timing it important in two respects: one we want to have the site/offer right in readiness for an advertising campaign, two we could work to a milestone - as BB suggests.

following the EGM i think the most important thing is that We Do Do Something. on that basis we should all welcome any ideas that are put forward, and then discuss their merits/otherwise.
The thing is this is always like pushing water up-hill... it is easy always to come up with reasons why not (though why members would knock radio as the wrong medium I don't know...!) negativity rules - lets see some suggestions - but the truth is that is the hard bit, to bring something productive to the table; so I don't expect too many responses... :think:

However, at the end of the day leadership comes from the top (or should do). :eh:
Looks like my prediction came true....!

With a transaction rate of down to less than 500 per day (and apparently this area is what we make most of the money from) I would have though that that members would be coming up with ideas to help iMutual get back on the up and up. Instead we slip off into oblivion and it seems nobody cares...! :think:
Thanked by: blythburgh

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri Jun 05 2020 6:05pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Jun 05 2020 5:24pm
... Instead we slip off into oblivion and it seems nobody cares...
I think of lots of people care - witness the number of posts in the various EGM threads. But ultimately the Director doesn't. Doesn't care, doesn't know what to do, doesn't know how to do it. I don't know which of these it is.

People like you and me have been raising concerns for years. But it is abundantly clear that nothing is going to change. Imutual will probably limp on for a few years yet.
Thanked by: cccashbacklover

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Jun 07 2020 7:07pm

04/06/2020 = 9,806,272 Transactions
07/06/2020 = 9,807,532 Transactions

1,260 Transactions taking 3 days (ave 420 Transactions per day)... Is this a matter of concern? :problem:

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sun Jun 07 2020 7:23pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Jun 07 2020 7:07pm
04/06/2020 = 9,806,272 Transactions
07/06/2020 = 9,807,532 Transactions

1,260 Transactions taking 3 days (ave 420 Transactions per day)... Is this a matter of concern? :problem:
The post-Covid new normal.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Jun 08 2020 7:22am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Jun 07 2020 7:07pm
(fingers in ears) LaLaLaLa Can't hear you