Unite Group
8%
None of the above
No votes

Total votes: 12

burwin

Re: Investment for June

Post by burwin » Sat Jun 06 2020 4:33pm

I dont post or comment very often for the Shareclub as the shares I follow are slow & long burners and need time....
But I will put forward 2 worth looking at, that have potential, but are possibly too risky for this club, you decide.

PHE (https://www.powerhouseenergy.net)
and
ITM (https://www.itm-power.com)

even if not picked, you have to admit these are very interesting and innovative UK science/engineering companies trying to solve a global problem.
It somewhat heartens me to see we have these people and skills still, no matter what the depressing press have to say.

Maybe thats, possibly foolishly, why I like them.
Thanked by: garindan, Boro Boy

garindan

Post by garindan » Sat Jun 06 2020 6:05pm

burwin wrote:
Sat Jun 06 2020 4:33pm
I dont post or comment very often for the Shareclub as the shares I follow are slow & long burners and need time....
But I will put forward 2 worth looking at, that have potential, but are possibly too risky for this club, you decide.

PHE (https://www.powerhouseenergy.net)
and
ITM (https://www.itm-power.com)

even if not picked, you have to admit these are very interesting and innovative UK science/engineering companies trying to solve a global problem.
It somewhat heartens me to see we have these people and skills still, no matter what the depressing press have to say.

Maybe thats, possibly foolishly, why I like them.
Seatbelt fastening stuff those two! Could bring massive reward though for those gutsy enough to invest. However, I think you are right about the positioning of solving global problems - it's very good we have people like this and even more important they get investment support. I don't know if it is from us though. Hopefully more members will add to the discussion :thumbup:
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

garindan

Post by garindan » Sat Jun 06 2020 6:13pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Jun 05 2020 5:02pm
Great for the Investment Club that the purchase of Braemar Shipping Services has gone ahead. I'm a fan of Global Ports who operate in a somewhat similar areas and I've done well out of them. Good Luck :thumbup:

I don't want to go over old ground as it seems that you have all rejected the philosophy of Marginal Gains (ie: the pennies or 1/2%'s here and there compounded time and time again can be worth alot) which I think is wrong but that's old ground...! However, I hope the club will, for your next investment, investigate/monitor the two Italian shares (still accessible via Share Centre) which I mentioned earlier in this thread and take a good look at the follow two shares which seem to fit the clubs Modus Operandi:

Kromek
Vianet Group

and the two Italian one's:
Autogrill
Atlantia

Have fun and profit ;)
Kromek looks to have flown the next already but Vianet's chart looks strikingly similar to Bakkavor's chart, even if a little less dramatic. The Italian shares look good to bounce back too.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Jun 08 2020 12:50pm

Just a quick note for the possible benefit for the investment club (CIC) and to give an update on a conversation on a previous thread with Garindan the clubs chairman.

I have achieved establishing a monthly purchasing arrangement which was previously thought not to be possible. Share Centre automatically allows you to establish monthly arrangements on-line for personal share purchase accounts but this same facility is not available for "special accounts" such as share club's, Trust accounts, Business Accounts etc. However, following enquiry, I have managed to establish a monthly purchase, the only difference is that the arrangement had to be initially established in a paper format with a form that is easily printable off the web site.

The advantage of building up shares by purchasing on a monthly basis are many; for example you can build up shares in a company which you believe has future potential but is currently volatile and may even go down in value temporarily. Should there be an unplanned downturn it means your monthly purchase acquires more shares, this is called pound cost averaging. It also allows you to start (toe in the water) building up shares in an asset when cash funds are low - all this has a major advantage on charges (depending on funding level) which is always a good thing.

Whether you take advantage of this now or later is up to you but it is always good to have the knowledge - I hope that helps... :thumbup:
Thanked by: Beachboy

garindan

Post by garindan » Mon Jun 08 2020 8:02pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Jun 08 2020 12:50pm
I have achieved establishing a monthly purchasing arrangement which was previously thought not to be possible. Share Centre automatically allows you to establish monthly arrangements on-line for personal share purchase accounts but this same facility is not available for "special accounts" such as share club's, Trust accounts, Business Accounts etc. However, following enquiry, I have managed to establish a monthly purchase, the only difference is that the arrangement had to be initially established in a paper format with a form that is easily printable off the web site.
Thanks for the update. I need to be 100% clear and sure I understand what you have posted here. Are you saying what i said before is correct and you have set this service up on a personal account, or are you saying you have managed to do it on a share club account?

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Jun 08 2020 10:32pm

garindan wrote:
Mon Jun 08 2020 8:02pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Thanks for the update. I need to be 100% clear and sure I understand what you have posted here. Are you saying what i said before is correct and you have set this service up on a personal account, or are you saying you have managed to do it on a share club account?
You will recall that in our discussion I was promoting the benefits of regular premium contributions to purchase shares monthly on reduced commissions and via regular direct debit purchase share on a Pound Cost Averaging basis; you stated that this service was not available to the investment club and the conversation dropped at that point.

I merely wanted to make you and the club aware that this is not the case and with a little bit of elbow grease it is possible to benefit from such an arrangement but it is not possible to establish on-line it must be done via an old fashioned paperwork submission which can be downloaded and printed off from the website. On-line submissions are only available for personal accounts but a paperwork submission can be make operational for "special accounts" ie: Corporate Accounts, Trust Accounts and Club Accounts...!

It is there if you want to benefit from it. :thumbup:
Thanked by: garindan

garindan

Post by garindan » Mon Jun 08 2020 10:45pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Jun 08 2020 10:32pm
You will recall that in our discussion I was promoting the benefits of regular premium contributions to purchase shares monthly on reduced commissions and via regular direct debit purchase share on a Pound Cost Averaging basis; you stated that this service was not available to the investment club and the conversation dropped at that point.
Indeed I am aware :D
Boro Boy wrote:
I merely wanted to make you and the club aware that this is not the case and with a little bit of elbow grease it is possible to benefit from such an arrangement but it is not possible to establish on-line it must be done via an old fashioned paperwork submission which can be downloaded and printed off from the website. On-line submissions are only available for personal accounts but a paperwork submission can be make operational for "special accounts" ie: Corporate Accounts, Trust Accounts and Club Accounts...!

OK, that's useful to know. I'm not sure how much work this is to do it that way, or how it functions in practice or what the costs would be but it is something that could be looked at for sure :thumbup:

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Jun 09 2020 1:28am

garindan wrote:
Mon Jun 08 2020 10:45pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Jun 08 2020 10:32pm
Indeed I am aware :D
Boro Boy wrote:

OK, that's useful to know. I'm not sure how much work this is to do it that way, or how it functions in practice or what the costs would be but it is something that could be looked at for sure :thumbup:
There's the form you would have to complete: https://www.share.com/globalassets/asse ... invest.pdf
There's a further explanation and breakdown of the more advantageous charges: https://www.share.com/help-support/mana ... tment-plan

The assets you choose to regularly invest in are easy to change as well... Hope that all helps. :thumbup:
Thanked by: garindan

garindan

Post by garindan » Tue Jun 09 2020 11:46pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Jun 09 2020 1:28am
There's the form you would have to complete: https://www.share.com/globalassets/asse ... invest.pdf
There's a further explanation and breakdown of the more advantageous charges: https://www.share.com/help-support/mana ... tment-plan

The assets you choose to regularly invest in are easy to change as well... Hope that all helps. :thumbup:
Thanks :thumbup: . Is there a subscription charge for this service per month?

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Jun 10 2020 2:03am

garindan wrote:
Tue Jun 09 2020 11:46pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Jun 09 2020 1:28am

Thanks :thumbup: . Is there a subscription charge for this service per month?
Charges already highlighted: https://www.share.com/help-support/mana ... tment-plan