Re: Investment for June

Post by garindan » Fri Jun 12 2020 10:31am

Boro Boy wrote:
Wed Jun 10 2020 2:03am
garindan wrote:
Tue Jun 09 2020 11:46pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Jun 09 2020 1:28am
There's the form you would have to complete: https://www.share.com/globalassets/asse ... invest.pdf
There's a further explanation and breakdown of the more advantageous charges: https://www.share.com/help-support/mana ... tment-plan

The assets you choose to regularly invest in are easy to change as well... Hope that all helps. :thumbup:
Thanks :thumbup: . Is there a subscription charge for this service per month?
Charges already highlighted: https://www.share.com/help-support/mana ... tment-plan
So the actual trade charge is the only charge applicable? I'm quite surprised if that's so as they like charging fees for everything else! :lol:
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Jun 12 2020 10:35am

garindan wrote:
Fri Jun 12 2020 10:31am
Boro Boy wrote:
garindan wrote:

Charges already highlighted: https://www.share.com/help-support/mana ... tment-plan
So the actual trade charge is the only charge applicable? I'm quite surprised if that's so as they like charging fees for everything else! :lol:
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Jun 12 2020 10:42am

garindan wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:
garindan wrote:

Like I said; it might be a good idea for the club. Personal I am concerned about every penny earned/spent whilst investing and it may be an attitude the club should also adopt, you may find this route beneficial and should ask yourselves why it took an outsider to make you aware of it! But be careful as you should adopt a different strategy when using it, seek investments which are not necessarily doing well now (and may even drop) but have good longer term prospects, this way you can build up a large number of shares in an asset cost efficiency...

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Jun 12 2020 10:44am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Jun 12 2020 10:35am
garindan wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Thank you for that. Let me advise you to read the terms and conditions of the thing you are investing yours and other peoples money in!

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Fri Jun 12 2020 12:14pm

You have to specify the investments / funds in advance. So I don't see how this would work for our club

Also, as treasurer I do not want the additional burden of dealing with paperwork in order to make investments on behalf of the club

But might be of interest to people for their own personal investing

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Jun 12 2020 12:24pm

richard@imutual wrote:
Fri Jun 12 2020 12:14pm
You have to specify the investments / funds in advance. So I don't see how this would work for our club

Also, as treasurer I do not want the additional burden of dealing with paperwork in order to make investments on behalf of the club

Don't you all specify/choose investments in advance now? As for paperwork, its one form where you print it off enter the investment and post it off... hardly more difficult that specifying it on the internet. :think:

It is a way of reducing your investment costs and opening up a different investment approach to the club, I would have thought this is something the club would benefit from; but if filling in one form is too much for the club, it says a lot about the club...

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Jun 12 2020 3:25pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Jun 12 2020 12:24pm
richard@imutual wrote:

Don't you all specify/choose investments in advance now? As for paperwork, its one form where you print it off enter the investment and post it off... hardly more difficult that specifying it on the internet. :think:

It is a way of reducing your investment costs and opening up a different investment approach to the club, I would have thought this is something the club would benefit from; but if filling in one form is too much for the club, it says a lot about the club...
The service is aimed for those who want to "drip feed money into investments" as in to invest money every month into a pre-defined set of shares.

The imutual Cashback Investment Club works in a different way. We aim to make new / current investment every month based on merit.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Jun 12 2020 9:11pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Jun 12 2020 3:25pm
Boro Boy wrote:
richard@imutual wrote:

The service is aimed for those who want to "drip feed money into investments" as in to invest money every month into a pre-defined set of shares.

The imutual Cashback Investment Club works in a different way. We aim to make new / current investment every month based on merit.
You could still do that and build up holdings of other shares or indeed add to existing holdings on a cost efficient monthly basis...

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Jun 12 2020 11:42pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Jun 12 2020 9:11pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

You could still do that and build up holdings of other shares or indeed add to existing holdings on a cost efficient monthly basis...
It would be impractical for our current method of investment.

However, all is not lost, I envisage that one day we will have several funds for investors in the imutual Cashback Investment Club for different risk profiles and methods of investment. One of those funds will undoubtedly be a "low-risk income fund" and the information you have given will be well suited to such a fund.

Thank you in advance.
Thanked by: garindan

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Jun 13 2020 12:12am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Jun 12 2020 11:42pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Jun 12 2020 9:11pm
AAAlphaThunder wrote:

It would be impractical for our current method of investment.

However, all is not lost, I envisage that one day we will have several funds for investors in the imutual Cashback Investment Club for different risk profiles and methods of investment. One of those funds will undoubtedly be a "low-risk income fund" and the information you have given will be well suited to such a fund.

Thank you in advance.
You have just convinced me that you do not understand a word of what I have been talking about and have little or no idea of investment strategies. Best wishes... :wtf: