Re: Congratulations to iMutual...!!!

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Jun 15 2020 10:15pm

parchedpeas wrote:
Mon Jun 15 2020 8:51pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Jun 15 2020 1:02pm
parchedpeas wrote:
Mon Jun 15 2020 10:29am
This seems like more recycling of the same subject, about which we've very recently had an update and a vote.

Is there any point to more acerbic observations when we all know the current situation with both the economy and the company?
No you are right...

Lets not spend the down time planning the resurgence, lets not make contact and unearth potential partners/advertising (whilst its cheap), lets disregard marketing opportunities and shy away from pushing the site with every interviewing opportunity in the financial press that our leader would be ideally placed to do, let's even forget that we have a good story to tell and that if not now, very soon, we will have our backs against the wall. Most of all lets all accept that our general doesn't lead from the front and shys away from the battle, welcome the fact that the owner is getting bored of us all whingeing and sees this no longer as an earning opportunity; in fact why not just write in support of his stance (and get him and some other short-sighted members to thank you for doing so!) rather than slowly encourage him to do something more positive and constructive to stop iMutual from slowly slipping away and actually get on a confident growth path ...?

It sounds like you have got it all sorted - well done! :eh:
An entirely unnecessary and slightly passive aggressive reply.

Richard has spelled out where we are. I don't speak for him. I'm openly critical of him in some aspects of this site. But I imagine he, like many of the rest of us, will be busy worrying about the next few contracts that will feed the family ahead of the day to day issues that exist on this site. And that is right. We all need to pay the bills over the next few months / years in what is going to be a pretty horrific business environment in the UK.
Are you speaking about the last few years or the last few months...!?! :think:

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Jun 16 2020 10:02am

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Jun 15 2020 10:15pm
parchedpeas wrote:
Mon Jun 15 2020 8:51pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Jun 15 2020 1:02pm

No you are right...

Lets not spend the down time planning the resurgence, lets not make contact and unearth potential partners/advertising (whilst its cheap), lets disregard marketing opportunities and shy away from pushing the site with every interviewing opportunity in the financial press that our leader would be ideally placed to do, let's even forget that we have a good story to tell and that if not now, very soon, we will have our backs against the wall. Most of all lets all accept that our general doesn't lead from the front and shys away from the battle, welcome the fact that the owner is getting bored of us all whingeing and sees this no longer as an earning opportunity; in fact why not just write in support of his stance (and get him and some other short-sighted members to thank you for doing so!) rather than slowly encourage him to do something more positive and constructive to stop iMutual from slowly slipping away and actually get on a confident growth path ...?

It sounds like you have got it all sorted - well done! :eh:
An entirely unnecessary and slightly passive aggressive reply.

Richard has spelled out where we are. I don't speak for him. I'm openly critical of him in some aspects of this site. But I imagine he, like many of the rest of us, will be busy worrying about the next few contracts that will feed the family ahead of the day to day issues that exist on this site. And that is right. We all need to pay the bills over the next few months / years in what is going to be a pretty horrific business environment in the UK.
Are you speaking about the last few years or the last few months...!?! :think:
Both.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Jun 16 2020 1:46pm

Quiz: Reorder these words into a well-known phrase
a
horse
flogging
dead
No prize - I'll leave those to Mr Chess.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Jun 16 2020 2:43pm

pabenny wrote:
Tue Jun 16 2020 1:46pm
a
horse
flogging
dead
Flogging a dead horse.
(Capital letter start of sentence, full stop end of sentence.)

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Jun 16 2020 7:25pm

pabenny wrote:
a
horse
flogging
dead
So, why do we think this is the case...? (I'm not talking about Kev's involvement!). :think:

What does Richard have to gain with the strategy adopted?

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Jun 16 2020 7:31pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Jun 16 2020 7:25pm
pabenny wrote:
a
horse
flogging
dead
So, why do we think this is the case...? (I'm not talking about Kev's involvement!). :think:

You make it sound like you believe that guy Richard has a plan to intentionally run imutual bankrupt.
Thanked by: pakefield

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Jun 16 2020 7:59pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Tue Jun 16 2020 7:31pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Jun 16 2020 7:25pm
pabenny wrote:

You make it sound like you believe that guy Richard has a plan to intentionally run imutual bankrupt.
That was not my intention! More that there is a great deal on inactivity which is leading to the site becoming run-down and I was asking why or what benefit is there in adopting this strategy?

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Tue Jun 16 2020 9:56pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Jun 16 2020 7:59pm
That was not my intention! More that there is a great deal on inactivity which is leading to the site becoming run-down and I was asking why or what benefit is there in adopting this strategy?
This? Again?

Here we go:

There's no money to fix it at the moment.
Richard is having to work elsewhere.
When he gets time / money, he's going for a redesign.
Then we'll try a relaunch.
Until that point, there is little / no point spending money on PR because the site / model / offer has already run its course.

It's not going to change in the short term. You have good intentions and its good to bring ideas to the table, but we are where we are - they're not going to be acted on because of a combination of time / money / will.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Jun 17 2020 4:33pm

parchedpeas wrote:
Tue Jun 16 2020 9:56pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Jun 16 2020 7:59pm
This? Again?

Here we go:

There's no money to fix it at the moment.
Richard is having to work elsewhere.
When he gets time / money, he's going for a redesign.
Then we'll try a relaunch.
Until that point, there is little / no point spending money on PR because the site / model / offer has already run its course.

It's not going to change in the short term. You have good intentions and its good to bring ideas to the table, but we are where we are - they're not going to be acted on because of a combination of time / money / will.
Do you really think there is going to more money available in the future than there is now...? Or is it more likely that the current bank balance will continue to dwindle and opportunities will be lost of accessing a captive audience? Which is more likely?

That additional statement on "will", that's an interesting one...! :think:

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Wed Jun 17 2020 4:50pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Wed Jun 17 2020 4:33pm
Do you really think there is going to more money available in the future than there is now...? Or is it more likely that the current bank balance will continue to dwindle and opportunities will be lost of accessing a captive audience? Which is more likely?

That additional statement on "will", that's an interesting one...!
No, I don't think there will be any more money. And I fully expect to be in this exact position in 6 / 12 / 18 / 24 months time. The site has hit a brick wall and the brand has little / no value. These are not easy or cheap things to fix. You will have seen in the recent vote that, despite what appeared to be some dissent on the forums here, the motion was passed overwhelmingly. There are shareholders in imutual who have an interest in things continuing pretty much as they already are, providing a small additional income and employment for a few people. And that's fine. But you're wasting your time if you think your opinion / ideas will ever win that section over.

You'd be better putting your time and effort into learning to play the piano.
Thanked by: cccashbacklover, pakefield