Acquiring more Share Plc shares or not?

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

Should we....

keep our current holding as it is
11%
purchase additional shares to take us to the threshold required to maintain our discount
44%
purchase additional shares to take us just below the threshold to look for cash profit
44%

Total votes: 9

garindan

Re: Acquiring more Share Plc shares or not?

Post by garindan » Fri Jun 26 2020 5:30pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Fri Jun 26 2020 5:05pm
As you are not a member, I am not sure why you find it so concerning.
It's because he has the "correct and definitive view" on everything and any other opinion that differs from it must involve some kind of insanity. Unfortunately it would seem imutual's membership is not blessed with a very high proportion of sane individuals.
Thanked by: Richard Frost
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Jun 26 2020 5:36pm

garindan wrote:
Fri Jun 26 2020 5:30pm
Richard Frost wrote:
Fri Jun 26 2020 5:05pm
As you are not a member, I am not sure why you find it so concerning.
It's because he has the "correct and definitive view" on everything and any other opinion that differs from it must involve some kind of insanity. Unfortunately it would seem imutual's membership is not blessed with a very high proportion of sane individuals.
Cheeky Ba$t£ard - I have given lots of helpful advice, up to you if you take it - I don't need insults from you thank you! :wtf:
Thanked by: kevinchess1

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Jun 27 2020 10:06am

Not a member so on this occasion saying nowt.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Sat Jun 27 2020 3:17pm

I appreciate Boro Boy's input on here as it keeps the debate going. I understand that it's sometimes frustrating, but alternate opinions and extra information can be useful as well.

We're tied 4-4-1 and we need to make a decision on Monday if what is said here is correct. Have we planned a way to get a final decision on this if we're still tied and the deadline is upon us?
Thanked by: garindan

garindan

Post by garindan » Sat Jun 27 2020 4:13pm

parchedpeas wrote:
Sat Jun 27 2020 3:17pm
I appreciate Boro Boy's input on here as it keeps the debate going. I understand that it's sometimes frustrating, but alternate opinions and extra information can be useful as well.
There is no argument with having polite input, opinion and extra information. It's when it comes in a different manner that frustrates. None of us are paid staff, and this club is hardly some kind of hard nosed trading operation. Hence some of the wording and sentiment isn't welcome, especially not on a week by week or topic by topic basis! I have tried to suggest perhaps an alternative way of posting such ideas/comments but it has not been greeted favourably. It is a shame to be honest.
parchedpeas wrote:
Sat Jun 27 2020 3:17pm
We're tied 4-4-1 and we need to make a decision on Monday if what is said here is correct. Have we planned a way to get a final decision on this if we're still tied and the deadline is upon us?
I initially had the poll open for 3 days, but then had to open end it due to lack of member votes. Secretary has tried to chivvy along voters but for whatever reason, be it lack of time, lack of interest in this particular topic or whatever - only 9 votes have come in. It's not conclusive as no votes go beyond 50% of membership. It was my understanding these shares were tradeable until markets closed on the 30th June, however, having just logged on to share.com it says the shares are not currently tradeable and the SHRE share record on the site has vanished. There was some detail somewhere in the documentation that the funds for the takeover were not expected for about 10 days or so, which I presumed would have been because this would give time for all trade paperwork to have been finalised etc... It would seem trading has now stopped though, so we'll be keeping the 500 shares and either getting 41p each for them or whatever the cash entitlement turns out to be after they have worked that bit out.

At the end of the day this isn't a big concern for us anyway. We always intended to move these shares on at an appropriate time and if we do get 41p each for them it will have been a very good result, as Rich rightly said, as we were looking at ~21p at one point not so long ago.

On this basis I'll end the poll.

garindan

Post by garindan » Thu Jul 23 2020 3:56pm

Just for your interest:

- we finally received two payments on the 17th July for our 500 Share.com shares
- we did indeed get the equivalent of 41p per share in the end (£205 total, no costs), so if we had gambled we would have made some quick money!

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Jul 23 2020 6:00pm

garindan wrote:
Thu Jul 23 2020 3:56pm
Just for your interest:

- we finally received two payments on the 17th July for our 500 Share.com shares
- we did indeed get the equivalent of 41p per share in the end (£205 total, no costs), so if we had gambled we would have made some quick money!
Well done everyone.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]