Media articles about money-saving topics
butler1882

Re: Because it's worth it

Post by butler1882 » Sat Jul 18 2020 10:03am

Not half! 48%

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sat Jul 18 2020 12:00pm

Ah - that makes all the difference then. If it's only 48%, then it's OK.
Thanked by: blythburgh

macliam

Post by macliam » Sat Jul 18 2020 12:23pm

Half at the time of the referendum...... but Brexiteers believe time stands still.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Jul 19 2020 7:21am

macliam wrote:
Sat Jul 18 2020 12:23pm
Half at the time of the referendum...... but Brexiteers believe time stands still.
If the Brexiteers had the guts to have a people's vote. But they knew that they might lose it because of those who realised they had been lied to, the pensioners who had died, those who realised the consequences of their leave vote, those who only voted leave to give the Govt a kicking because they knew remain would win. But when did those in the current Govt. ever care about real democracy?

And as for taking back control all I can say is Huawei. The Govt. decided they could be part of the G5 rollout. America was upset so not the Govt. has done a U turn.

America says do this or accept that and our Govt will roll over because we must have a trade deal with a country whose President says "America First".
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sun Jul 19 2020 10:19am

The first vote was an utter fraud; their beloved Brexit will never be legitimate or beneficial.

That so many people can learn nothing from the intervening years is quite symptomatic of how easily and completely they were misled.

I think many on the remain side are close to reaching this stage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi0uX2sZuFg

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sun Jul 19 2020 10:50am

butler1882 wrote:
Fri Jul 17 2020 3:05pm
It’s worth every penny when Remoaners are still crying
Chadwick wrote:
Fri Jul 17 2020 9:11pm
Really? That's your motivation? You just want to annoy people?
So long as half the country is pissed off, you're happy to keep throwing money at it?
butler1882 wrote:
Sat Jul 18 2020 10:03am
Not half! 48%
My apologies.
So long as nearly half the country is pissed off, you're happy to keep throwing money at it?

Saying it's 'worth every penny', sounds like your primary goal is to annoy 48% of the population. Brexit is just a means to an end. If it wasn't Brexit, you'd find a other way of doing it, and happily commit as much public expenditure as necessary.

If 'Remoaners' stop 'crying', will it be a waste of money to you?

Or was it just a stupid, aggressive comment that makes you look vindictive and not understanding what Brexit means? In which case, you could recognise that and retract your comment and we'd all think 'yeah, he didn't mean that, he's not really a nasty troll', or you could stand by it and confirm our opinion.

macliam

Post by macliam » Sun Jul 19 2020 11:59am

Sarah wrote:
Sun Jul 19 2020 10:19am
The first vote was an utter fraud; their beloved Brexit will never be legitimate or beneficial.

That so many people can learn nothing from the intervening years is quite symptomatic of how easily and completely they were misled.

I think many on the remain side are close to reaching this stage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi0uX2sZuFg
The aim of a conman is not just to trick the mark, but to leave them unaware that they have been tricked. The best make the mark part of the scam.

Most Brexiteers seem to exhibit 4 traits... the first is to deny they were fooled; the second is to repeat the now disproven lies they believed; the third is to claim that the EU is failing and the fourth is to tell anyone who disagrees "Suck it up, we won".

macliam

Post by macliam » Sun Jul 19 2020 12:07pm

Chadwick wrote:
Sat Jul 18 2020 9:09am
macliam wrote:
Sat Jul 18 2020 12:04am
It was a prediction back in 2016!

It was a prediction when people crowed about the "easy" deal with the EU

It was a prediction when "we hold all the cards"

It remains a prediction, soon to come true.
Oh yes, I agree. I merely meant that it was so utterly obvious that this would be the outcome, that I am hesitant to call it a 'prediction'. It's not like you had to read tea leaves to divine an unsure future. It's more like predicting that a full glass of your favourite tipple will shortly be an empty glass. Anybody who applied a modicum of thought could see it wasn't going to work how the leave camp described.

tl;dr: I'm pedantically quibbling over the definition of 'prediction'. I have agreed with what you predicted all along.
I understand your criticism of the term, however I would remind you that, after the car-crash of the referendum, people were either triumphant in their "victory" or suggesting that a way should be found to reach a compromise with the EU to limit the damage or that the "undisputed" benefits of "sovereignty" would more than blance any costs of leaving.

At that time, I said that the UK would pay more to receive less.... which is quite specific. What I didn't predict was that the UK would be stupid enough to walk away from all previous cooperation with the EU, leaving it with an immediate bill for infrastructure and an ongoing bill for "policing" its independence.... but that just confirms the earlier prediction.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Tue Jul 21 2020 7:37pm

Remember when Boris told us emphatically that the NHS was not for sale and was not on the table for negotiation in a trade deal.

He lied to us.

Yesterday the Tory party was whipped to vote in favour of making the NHS available for sale.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/polit ... als/21/07/
Thanked by: Sarah, blythburgh

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Jul 21 2020 9:12pm

Chadwick wrote:
Tue Jul 21 2020 7:37pm
Remember when Boris told us emphatically that the NHS was not for sale and was not on the table for negotiation in a trade deal.

He lied to us.

Yesterday the Tory party was whipped to vote in favour of making the NHS available for sale.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/polit ... als/21/07/
No surprise.... a proven liar lies again.

I hope those who voted for him are happy.