Member poll: Bluechip sale and reinvestment or hold

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

We should....

Sell bluechips and invest in Pure Gold Mining
6
55%
Sell bluechips and invest in Bakkavor
5
45%
 
Total votes: 11

garindan
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Location: Midlands
Has thanked: 406 times
Been thanked: 483 times
Contact:

Re: Member poll: Bluechip sale and reinvestment or hold

Post by garindan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:06 pm

Beachboy wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:37 am
Is there a deadline by which point we just go with the majority that have voted or a threshold amount? I have currently voted for Bakkavor but either option is acceptable and a gamble to some extent. PMG is currently down a little on what it has been so possibly a good time to purchase if that is the way the vote is edging towards. Therefore I would be happy to switch if it helped to capitalise on this situation rather than wait to just see the price rise.
I've not set a deadline as it is an important decision. It would be better to conclude sooner rather than later as we need to sell the bluechips, wait for the money and then buy. This might take 3 days. I don't want to sell until we have 100% made that decision, as we don't know what tomorrow holds for any of these shares. I'd rather have them still on the portfolio until we get that decision. Threshold is 8 for majority of members to effectively close the vote but I'd still rather everyone votes to have had their say.
Thanked by: Beachboy
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

parchedpeas
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:34 pm
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 338 times
Contact:

Re: Member poll: Bluechip sale and reinvestment or hold

Post by parchedpeas » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:25 pm

Why not hedge the money that is raised in direct proportion to the results of the vote?

So 6 / 4 vote gives us a 60/40 split of the blue chips money into 60% PGM and 40% Bakkavor.

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 25827
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 3508 times
Contact:

Re: Member poll: Bluechip sale and reinvestment or hold

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:47 pm

parchedpeas wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:25 pm
Why not hedge the money that is raised in direct proportion to the results of the vote?

So 6 / 4 vote gives us a 60/40 split of the blue chips money into 60% PGM and 40% Bakkavor.
Costs make such a proposition economically nonviable, for example buying fee, stamp duty and selling fee.
Thanked by: kevinchess1
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

garindan
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Location: Midlands
Has thanked: 406 times
Been thanked: 483 times
Contact:

Re: Member poll: Bluechip sale and reinvestment or hold

Post by garindan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:53 pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:47 pm
parchedpeas wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:25 pm
Why not hedge the money that is raised in direct proportion to the results of the vote?

So 6 / 4 vote gives us a 60/40 split of the blue chips money into 60% PGM and 40% Bakkavor.
Costs make such a proposition economically nonviable, for example buying fee, stamp duty and selling fee.
..but it might not be so bad if we top the total funds up to £1000 plus, at 50/50. I'd be more open to that, as the costs get less the more put in, so an average of £500 would mean it wasn't like putting £300 in each. This might be a better compromise.

EDIT:
We have £840 value of bluechip shares, minus costs, plus £299 in the Share.com account. Rich might be able to tell us what we have received as payments into the club since the last valuation. We'd going to be looking at around £1100 cash available plus whatever Rich's answer is.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

richard@imutual
Posts: 4704
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:19 am
Sharing: 3stars.png
Has thanked: 1829 times
Been thanked: 3724 times
Contact:

Re: Member poll: Bluechip sale and reinvestment or hold

Post by richard@imutual » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:57 am

Now that the Share.com proceeds are clarified, I'll endeavour to do a valuation this weekend

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 25827
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 3508 times
Contact:

Re: Member poll: Bluechip sale and reinvestment or hold

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:51 pm

parchedpeas wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:25 pm
Why not hedge the money that is raised in direct proportion to the results of the vote?

So 6 / 4 vote gives us a 60/40 split of the blue chips money into 60% PGM and 40% Bakkavor.
Me, personally, in my humble opinion, I'm happy to invest a cool £1,000 into both Pure Gold Mining and Bakkavor.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

garindan
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Location: Midlands
Has thanked: 406 times
Been thanked: 483 times
Contact:

Re: Member poll: Bluechip sale and reinvestment or hold

Post by garindan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:06 am

I've been thinking about the second wave of this virus. With that in mind I was wondering what everyone thought about the idea of potentially making sure we don't lose a load of money, on paper, before it hits. How does this effect our view on this poll and more widely?

The second coming of the virus does look very likely now. I'm wondering whether it would be prudent to consider our options on the shares we hold.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

Beachboy
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:53 pm
Has thanked: 1065 times
Been thanked: 1388 times
Contact:

Re: Member poll: Bluechip sale and reinvestment or hold

Post by Beachboy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:53 am

garindan wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:06 am
I've been thinking about the second wave of this virus. With that in mind I was wondering what everyone thought about the idea of potentially making sure we don't lose a load of money, on paper, before it hits. How does this effect our view on this poll and more widely?

The second coming of the virus does look very likely now. I'm wondering whether it would be prudent to consider our options on the shares we hold.
What are you suggesting? That we sell up all or part of our holdings and hunker down ready to pounce on opportunities that arise when share prices are depressed?

garindan
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Location: Midlands
Has thanked: 406 times
Been thanked: 483 times
Contact:

Re: Member poll: Bluechip sale and reinvestment or hold

Post by garindan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:01 pm

Beachboy wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:53 am
garindan wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:06 am
I've been thinking about the second wave of this virus. With that in mind I was wondering what everyone thought about the idea of potentially making sure we don't lose a load of money, on paper, before it hits. How does this effect our view on this poll and more widely?

The second coming of the virus does look very likely now. I'm wondering whether it would be prudent to consider our options on the shares we hold.
What are you suggesting? That we sell up all or part of our holdings and hunker down ready to pounce on opportunities that arise when share prices are depressed?
Potentially. The rising virus cases worry me, not only for people's health but also our shares!
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

parchedpeas
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:34 pm
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 338 times
Contact:

Re: Member poll: Bluechip sale and reinvestment or hold

Post by parchedpeas » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:29 pm

Some of this will be priced in already. And if there is a rush to gold then we might lose out in PGM and Ramsdens (pawnbroking during downturn could be growth).

Discretionary spending could be hit - are Codemaster relying on the next generation of console to suceed? If so we could be in for a hit there. And the Shipping one was a dog when we bought it and remains a dog, but again with Brexit coming hard and a downturn, that might be one to consider moving on while we're up.

Are we getting a valuation soon, so we can see where we're all at?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beachboy and 0 guests