I feel sorry for students who got exam results this year

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

I feel sorry for students who got exam results this year

Post by blythburgh » Tue Aug 18 2020 7:51am

So the Govt. has done another U turn over the "A" level results. They have had months to sort it out but left it until lives were shattered before they thought they should have a rethink. And some have lost out on their first choice University places which the new results would have given them. And where was the Buffoon and his puppetmaster while this fiasco was going on? Johnson and Cummings on on a power grab but when the is a problem they leave others to deal with it. As President Truman said "the buck stops here". Former Tory Minister resigned when there was a problem although he had nothing personally to do with the problem. He was a decent politician and the country is crying out for people of that decency now.

BTec students feel they have been ignored. And according the news this morning GCSE students will get the computer generated results on Thursday and the following Thursday will get the ones their teachers awarded them.

I was lucky, I sat exams and got my results. If only today's students could say the same
Thanked by: mike
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

BeautifulSunshine

Re: I feel sorry for students who got exam results this year

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Aug 18 2020 10:35am

Very stressful time for students and families.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

macliam

Re: I feel sorry for students who got exam results this year

Post by macliam » Tue Aug 18 2020 11:09am

I think it's just another example of the government's lack of empathy - they simply lack the capacity to understand the consequenes of their actions until it is slammed into their faces - at which point they react to the outrage, but with feigned compassion. It has happened throughout the crisis, but it's hardly surprising with "alternative truth" Johnson and his sociopathic sidekick in charge.

Government ministers continue to trot out the same old phrases "we acted on advice", "we were assured by goblins", "we bought these magic beans", "Vee vass only follovink orders", etc., etc. and use the catchphrases they have been schooled to use, until and beyond the point of ludicrocity, after which they do the very thing they have been insisting they will not do, insisting that they were acting on this all along. It seems that what categorizes a minister these days is a thick coat of Teflon and a natural willingness to throw anyone else under the bus to save themselves. Just like their boss....
Thanked by: mike, blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me