French propose aborion law changes.

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Re: French propose aborion law changes.

Post by blythburgh » Tue Sep 08 2020 10:31am

As if British and American spellings was not enough heard this on Woman's Hour about how an author spells woman in her book.

Looked it up and found this: The term Womxn (/ˈwʊmɪnks/), used by some feminists, especially in the intersectional feminist movement, is one of several alternative spellings of the English word woman.

I am woman and lucky to feel comfortable in being born and living as a woman. I do feel for those who do not and am tolerant but refuse to accept it when mainstream media call me and my sisters anything else. Womxn is acceptable only between the LGBT people but not when you are talking about people like me.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Tue Sep 08 2020 12:37pm

That's clearly a reaction and compliment to womyn; it's mostly activists that use such terms, not the mainstream media.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Sep 09 2020 7:54am

Sarah wrote:
Tue Sep 08 2020 12:37pm
That's clearly a reaction and compliment to womyn; it's mostly activists that use such terms, not the mainstream media.
No but J K Rowling found a piece that refered to those who menstruate and I read another offensive term once instead of woman. And we all know the abuse heaped on J K Rowling for daring to question the fact they did not say woman.

How long before the minority rule the mainstream media?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Wed Sep 09 2020 9:00am

The headline J K Rowling objected to was for an article specifically about menstruation (as below). So it was entirely appropriate to target readers in that way for health reasons, but she used it to promote her anti-LGBT agenda and was rightly condemned for doing so.

https://www.devex.com/news/sponsored/op ... uate-97312
Thanked by: pakefield