LV

Money, investing, mutuals etc
planteria
Posts: 5761
Joined: Tue Nov 23 2010 4:52pm
Location: England
Has thanked: 412 times
Been thanked: 1274 times
Contact:

Re: LV

Post by planteria » Mon Aug 31 2020 8:21am

not sure blyth.. but i guess Allianz will continue to use the LV name, as there is certainly brand awareness.

planteria
Posts: 5761
Joined: Tue Nov 23 2010 4:52pm
Location: England
Has thanked: 412 times
Been thanked: 1274 times
Contact:

Re: LV

Post by planteria » Fri Oct 02 2020 9:53pm

following rumours of Royal London absorbing LV, the latter are now in exclusive talks re an acquisition by Bain Capital..

https://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/news/l ... n-capital/

talk of windfalls..

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/lv- ... 62186.html

but none of the press seem to be putting a figure on the payments yet.

fwiw i'd been told that RL/LV was looking very likely, with other plans shelved to make it happen, and the 'Mutual Champion' would be interesting. that said if long-term member/baggers :wave: are to be paid out a decent sum we shouldn't complain, and Royal London are a strong player in their own right.

Chadwick
Posts: 2134
Joined: Mon Jul 05 2010 4:21pm
Has thanked: 1041 times
Been thanked: 2304 times
Contact:

Re: LV

Post by Chadwick » Sat Oct 03 2020 11:49am

AAAT

Acronym Definition
AAAT All America Auto Transport (car shipping)
AAAT Adult Adolescent Alcohol Treatment (rehabilitation facility; Grand Junction, CO)
AAAT Army Advanced Aviation Technology
AAAT American Association for the Advancement of Technology
AAAT American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
AAAT Advanced All Analysis Training

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 26557
Joined: Tue Sep 14 2010 8:23pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 3667 times
Contact:

Re: LV

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Sat Oct 03 2020 6:51pm

Chadwick wrote:
Sat Oct 03 2020 11:49am
AAAT

Acronym Definition
AAAT All America Auto Transport (car shipping)
AAAT Adult Adolescent Alcohol Treatment (rehabilitation facility; Grand Junction, CO)
AAAT Army Advanced Aviation Technology
AAAT American Association for the Advancement of Technology
AAAT American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
AAAT Advanced All Analysis Training
You have too much time on your hands.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Richest
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 05 2020 10:41am
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: LV

Post by Richest » Mon Oct 05 2020 10:49am

Hi...I m new to the forum.
Ex from the good old days carpetbagger.com and Moneybag. com

Nice too see one of the old potentials is back in play.

My pension is with them

Richest
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 05 2020 10:41am
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: LV

Post by Richest » Mon Oct 05 2020 10:53am

So what could the potential payout be and the structure of the payout?

Lump sum for loss of membership and more related to the size of ones investment?
https://www.standard.co.uk/business/lv- ... 62186.html

Richest
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 05 2020 10:41am
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: LV

Post by Richest » Mon Oct 05 2020 11:05am

planteria wrote:
Wed Jun 24 2020 9:23am
one of the original 'bags' of the community that developed out of carpetbagger.com, when we moved beyond building societies, AAAT.

part of my route into becoming an investor.. invested in a Bond way back and, after their 'merger with' Teachers Assurance, have a pension plan with them too.. so i shall watch with interest.
Those were the days.

Richest
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 05 2020 10:41am
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: LV

Post by Richest » Mon Oct 05 2020 11:08am

planteria wrote:
Fri Oct 02 2020 9:53pm
following rumours of Royal London absorbing LV, the latter are now in exclusive talks re an acquisition by Bain Capital..

https://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/news/l ... n-capital/

talk of windfalls..

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/lv- ... 62186.html

but none of the press seem to be putting a figure on the payments yet.

fwiw i'd been told that RL/LV was looking very likely, with other plans shelved to make it happen, and the 'Mutual Champion' would be interesting. that said if long-term member/baggers :wave: are to be paid out a decent sum we shouldn't complain, and Royal London are a strong player in their own right.

Yes, as an ex moneybagger and carpetbagger from the old days,I have an LV pension of 15 years, and was wondering what the value and shape of the payout would be.

Richest
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 05 2020 10:41am
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: LV

Post by Richest » Mon Oct 05 2020 7:38pm

Is this forum always so quiet?

richard@imutual
Posts: 5149
Joined: Wed Jun 23 2010 10:19am
Sharing: 2stars.png
Has thanked: 1864 times
Been thanked: 3870 times
Contact:

Re: LV

Post by richard@imutual » Tue Oct 06 2020 8:40am

Hi sorry, but posts from new members have to get approved before others can see them. We weren't just ignoring you!
Richest wrote:
Mon Oct 05 2020 10:49am
Hi...I m new to the forum.
Ex from the good old days carpetbagger.com and Moneybag. com
Nice to have you around. Good luck with the LV windfall :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests