Bobby Ball RIP

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
macliam

Bobby Ball RIP

Post by macliam » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:38 pm

Bobby Ball, one half of conedy duo Cannon and Ball, has died aged 76, after testing positive for Covid-19.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54731384

Thanked by: kevinchess1
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Re: Bobby Ball RIP

Post by blythburgh » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:54 am

Very sad news on the day my sister in law gave me an "what an idiot for believing that" look. That was when I said "we are at risk because of the chicken and turkey factories and you are at risk from the students." They live near Norwich University.

On the phone a couple of weeks ago she was going on and on about having a blood test as they make you have a virus test at the same time. 'im indoors did not and he has had to have two of them in the last month. On the phone and yesterday she told me "that they are trying to get the numbers up."

A man who brought laughter to so many over the years was just one of the many who died from the virus yesterday. For his family and friends as well as his fans a huge loss. But no bigger a loss than everyone who died from the virus yesterday.

They were a duo who never quite gave us the sketches that live in our memory but the catchphrase "Rock on Tommy" will no doubt live on for those of us of a certain age.

My sister in law will not wear a mask because she can't due to claustrophobia. OK I will accept that one but her husband wears a lanyard when he should wear a mask. If he looked online at the epilepsy sites they would tell him he should be wearing one. People like him who are anti mask and use a lanyard make it so hard for people like a dear friend who really cannot wear a mask as he finds it hard to breathe all the time. And my friend is not going into town or the big supermarkets because he is afraid people will verbally abuse him for not wearing a mask.

I find it hard to breathe wearing a mask and was going to get a visor until I heard from an expert they only protect me but if I have the disease or am well carrier then I do not protect others. So will have to continue to suffer behind the mask.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pakefield

Post by pakefield » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:07 am

I refuse to ask why my brother in law wears a lanyard. If he replies because of my epilepsy my wife might not be able to keep her mouth shut. She is angry as she feels he is cheating the system as they are anti maskers anyway. She will cause arguments and tell him if he is at that risk of an epileptic attack why the hell is he driving a car and going cycling everyday. For the sake of peace and harmony I say nothing.

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:46 am

RIP.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club