chilling report on the news this morning.

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

chilling report on the news this morning.

Post by blythburgh » Thu Jan 07 2021 8:24am

BBC "Today" programme interview with a Trump supporting protester. He said the policitians and the judges were taking their rights away. "They are trying to control us" he said.

My sister in law phoned a few days ago and claimed that the virus controls are not needed and that "they are trying to control us".

The virus is not bad as the Govt. says, the hospitals are not full to overflowing. She knows the truth as she has read it. Though mostly it is second hand rubbish from her daughter.

Odd thing though for nearly a year this fit and healthy couple are not going to any shops but the daughter is on furlough so doing the shopping for them. Why are they not going shopping if there is no real risk of catching covid? And nothing to do with wearing a lanyard not a mask as this was happening before anyone wore a mask. SinL wears a lanyard due to claustrophobia (checked internet and it is a problem for sufferers). Husband has epilepsy and wears a lanyard using that as an excuse.

A friend said someone he knows is anti mask and wears a lanyard because he is epileptic could I check if this was a mere excuse. Epilepsy society says masks might cause a bit of a problem if someone had a seizure but the risks were far outweighed by the risk of the virus so all should wear a mask.

My argument is if you are at such risk of having a seizure you cannot wear a mask then why are you still driving a car on a regular basis.
Thanked by: kevinchess1
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

kevinchess1

Re: chilling report on the news this morning.

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Jan 07 2021 9:12am

My DR daughter says there isn't many medical reasons for not wearing a mask, not really
She add if you have got a condition then your move at risk from serious complications from catching Covid and probably should stay indoors
Thanked by: pakefield, blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

macliam

Post by macliam » Thu Jan 07 2021 9:54am

Masks cannot prevent infection, they are only a protection against it. The best protection is to isolate yourself from the virus..... but of course, that takes concerted effort and itself draws complaints of being "controlled".

I'd suggest that all those who claim the virus is a hoax spend a few days working on the front line.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

pakefield

Post by pakefield » Thu Jan 07 2021 10:05am

I wear a mask because I do not want to infect anyone even though I do not have any virus symptoms.

I am avoiding people as much as I can as I am more at risk of complications than others of my age but not in the "should shield" group.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Thu Jan 07 2021 10:44am

blythburgh wrote:
Thu Jan 07 2021 8:24am
The virus is not bad as the Govt. says, the hospitals are not full to overflowing. She knows the truth as she has read it.
The same government that makes over-optimistic/fantasy promises pretty much on a daily basis, never admits mistakes or acknowledges failure, never apologises (not sincerely anyway) for anything, that tries so hard to ignore, minimise or deflect from every issue and problem facing the country... this is a government they think is pretending a crisis to be worse than in reality? She can't be paying much attention to how these politicians operate...
Thanked by: blythburgh

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Jan 07 2021 12:13pm

Sarah wrote:
Thu Jan 07 2021 10:44am
blythburgh wrote:
Thu Jan 07 2021 8:24am
The virus is not bad as the Govt. says, the hospitals are not full to overflowing. She knows the truth as she has read it.
The same government that makes over-optimistic/fantasy promises pretty much on a daily basis, never admits mistakes or acknowledges failure, never apologises (not sincerely anyway) for anything, that tries so hard to ignore, minimise or deflect from every issue and problem facing the country... this is a government they think is pretending a crisis to be worse than in reality? She can't be paying much attention to how these politicians operate...
Pretty much describes every government in my lifetime :(
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69