Shame he bears his Dad's name

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Shame he bears his Dad's name

Post by blythburgh » Sun Jan 17 2021 8:00am

I was listening to the son of Billy Graham on the radio this morning. He should have gone into politics not religion. He should change his name as he is not fit to bear the name Graham.

Not only is he still supporting Trump. He is repeating the lie that the the marchers Trump addressed were infiltrated by the far left Antifa and they were responsible for the attack on the Capitol. He has said that the Republicans that voted for the impeachment were paid off. No, he did not mention the name "Judas Iscariot" but he talks about 30 pieces of silver when he talks about the Republican rebels. Many countries use silver as a currency, he was merely making the point they had been paid off. He does not have any idea how money was paid or if they were "paid off" in some other way. But the inference was there and the hard right Trump supporters will understand that he is linking the betrayal of Christ with the impeachment of Trump.

I hope this odious preacher will never be allowed in this country, we have enough people preaching hate and division already.

One of the rebel Republican is the very conservative daughter of a former Vice President, not someone who would normally ever consider voting with the Democrats but she did. I cannot believe she and the others were paid in money or any other way to change their votes.
Thanked by: kevinchess1
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

kevinchess1

Re: Shame he bears his Dad's name

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Jan 17 2021 12:23pm

I'm just amazed how deluded these people are.
Only last week I read an article by a senior Republican who claimed that DT will still be president next month :shock:
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Jan 17 2021 12:47pm

Billy Graham had some very strict views on homosexuals and LGBT which wouldn't be tolerated today
Politically incorrect since 69

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jan 18 2021 9:47am

kevinchess1 wrote:
Sun Jan 17 2021 12:47pm
Billy Graham had some very strict views on homosexuals and LGBT which wouldn't be tolerated today
Yes, but I am sure he would not be coming up with the stuff his son is spouting about Trump and the storming of The Capitol. And we should always put peoples words and actions in the time they were set.

Wonder how many of us would accept slavery as normal in a different time
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Mon Jan 18 2021 10:15am

kevinchess1 wrote:
Sun Jan 17 2021 12:23pm
Only last week I read an article by a senior Republican who claimed that DT will still be president next month :shock:
Keep an eye out during March too. I read that's when some QAnon followers believe Trump will launch the "New Republic" making the old presidency (the one he lost yet still seems very attached to) obsolete. So, not very long to wait to see that not happen!
Thanked by: Chadwick, blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Jan 19 2021 10:06am

Sarah wrote:
Mon Jan 18 2021 10:15am
kevinchess1 wrote:
Keep an eye out during March too. I read that's when some QAnon followers believe Trump will launch the "New Republic" making the old presidency (the one he lost yet still seems very attached to) obsolete. So, not very long to wait to see that not happen!
I fear more violence from some Trump supporters.

Sad to see that Melania will not show the new First Lady round the White House. Always happens but not this time, a member of staff will do it instead.

When Laura Bush had to hand over to Michelle Obama it went so well they are still friends. The Trump's cannot even hold their noses and do what they should be doing.

How unlike our Royal Family members. The Govt. wants them to entertain someone they would not want to meet in passing so they do it in the most professional way possible.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Wed Jan 20 2021 6:44pm

Sarah wrote:
Mon Jan 18 2021 10:15am
kevinchess1 wrote:
Given the absence of a Bill-Gates-vaccine-chip zombie army, I'm reluctant to believe anything QAnon predicts.