Club investment strategy discussion thread

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

planteria

Re: Club investment strategy discussion thread

Post by planteria » Thu May 27 2021 10:46am

garindan wrote:
Tue Apr 20 2021 7:38am
No longer can anyone get the £10 investment on just dailies, for example, which used to be the case had anyone so wished.
that's a shame. the ability to build up an investment pot from 'work' rather than using cash was a nice one. i'm sorry to read that some of you guys are deciding to drop out.
Thanked by: garindan

garindan

Post by garindan » Thu May 27 2021 10:53am

planteria wrote:
Thu May 27 2021 10:46am
that's a shame. the ability to build up an investment pot from 'work' rather than using cash was a nice one. i'm sorry to read that some of you guys are deciding to drop out.
It is indeed a shame. The dailies used to mean anyone could have joined and raised the £10 from that alone. It simply is no longer the case. Hopefully this will change in the coming months, but it isn't the case right now for sure :thumbdown:
Thanked by: planteria, Beachboy
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

planteria

Post by planteria » Thu May 27 2021 10:57am

indeed. as it happens i posted this morning in one of 'the AGM' threads. i'd have thought your investment club's future will be influenced by the future of imutual as a whole one way/another.
Thanked by: garindan, Beachboy, blythburgh

garindan

Post by garindan » Thu May 27 2021 11:06am

planteria wrote:
Thu May 27 2021 10:57am
indeed. as it happens i posted this morning in one of 'the AGM' threads. i'd have thought your investment club's future will be influenced by the future of imutual as a whole one way/another.
Yes, in fact I think it is entirely influenced by it. Membership, engagement and investment is almost 100% driven by who is here to get their dailies/cashback fill. The lack of many new faces, attractive offers and overall development of the website means numbers have been stagnant to say the least. Most "regulars" have either been in the club at some point or have decided it isn't for them in the first place.

Opening the club to external investment ruins the whole point of what was trying to be achieved and would turn the club into any other investment club. I'm opposed to that entirely, as it seems to make no sense.

A reset will help those who still want to explore investing do so but without those who don't wish to continue. That's a good thing, as at least all those left have the same interest :thumbup:

It would be good to get a few new members. There are a couple on the horizon and it would be nice to see some fresh member contribution. Of course you would be most welcome to join us :thumbup:
Thanked by: Beachboy, blythburgh

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Fri May 28 2021 9:18am

harinmenon wrote:
Thu May 27 2021 10:38am
Hi All,
Sorry for the delay. I don't think I will be able to continue funding at the expected levels and to help this group. I have decided to make the difficult decision to leave this group. Sorry and thank you.
Just checking that you saw the posts from Garindan and I earlier in the thread where it is suggested that we change the minimum investment rules, because these were set at a time when a) it was much easier to meet the set amounts through daily clicks alone and b) the club was in its infancy and needed to generate both funds and a degree of commitment to operate.

Now the club is more mature and times have changed it feels sensible to review and change this policy. As I posted previously, unless any members desperately need their money out we are making decent returns (when viewed medium-long term) so why not hang on in for the ride 😀
Thanked by: garindan, blythburgh

mike

Post by mike » Sun May 30 2021 11:27am

Peacemaker - TBC
harinmenon - leave
nickyu - continue
parchedpeas - TBC
mike - leave
AAAlphaThunder - TBC
burwin - continue
hiswitzend - leave
Beachboy - continue
pieman - continue
garindan - continue
richard@imutual - leave

Apologies at the extremely late response. I haven't been following things for quite a while, so it is probably best that I leave. No rush, do it in an orderly manner when cash allows.
Last edited by mike on Sun May 30 2021 6:25pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: blythburgh

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Sun May 30 2021 1:05pm

mike wrote:
Sun May 30 2021 11:27am
richard@imutual - leave

Apologies at the extremely late response. I haven't been following things for quite a while, so it is probably best that I leave. No rush, do it in an orderly manner when cash allows.
Richard - I knew you were stepping down as Treasurer but are you leaving the CIC as a member as well? Obviously completely your choice but seems a little surprising if that is correct. 🤔

mike

Post by mike » Sun May 30 2021 6:25pm

Apologies again, especially to Richard, not sure how that happened - some cack handed cut and pasting

garindan

Post by garindan » Mon May 31 2021 11:37am

mike wrote:
Sun May 30 2021 6:25pm
Apologies again, especially to Richard, not sure how that happened - some cack handed cut and pasting
No that was me editing it to update. Richard wanted to leave the club but is not in any rush. That is unless he has since changed his mind about leaving.

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Thu Jun 03 2021 8:27am

I may want to withdraw some funds but happy to stay :thumbup:
Thanked by: blythburgh, Beachboy