Free Beermunch via CheckoutSmart

Offers and promotions that don't cost you a penny
blythburgh

Re: Free Beermunch via CheckoutSmart

Post by blythburgh » Thu Jul 22 2021 10:17am

I bought three items at Tesco, one for Swagbucks and 2 for Green Jinn. The swaggy one did not say what cake bars so could not be submitted. The GreenJinn pea milk ones have been rejected I am assuming the receipt did not have enough details although it had some. Not a total loss as all three items went into the food bank box.
Thanked by: Richard Frost
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Thu Jul 22 2021 11:28am

I've stopped buying any pea milk as it tastes so awful (obviously just my subjective opinion) that I don't want it, even when free. The food bank box is a good idea, since it doesn't need to be chilled. I still pick up the oat milk of the same Mighty Pea brand. Haven't actually tried that yet, despite having several stockpiled now, but I presume it's similar to other oat milk. If you buy it in Tesco the receipt just says "Milk" but should be accepted by GreenJinn, so perhaps try again (or contact them) if they rejected your claim erroneously.

You need to ensure that the receipt shows the purchase date and other details, which must be visible in your submitted picture(s). If the receipt isn't printed clearly (which seems to happen quite a lot at Tesco in my experience) then you can ask an assistant for a reprint. They do this at the supervisor terminal or back office in Tesco, which does take several minutes and is likely to be a printout on an A4 sheet. I haven't had difficulty using those reprints for claims, although they look different and perhaps could have their authenticity questioned, e.g. they don't have the usual "Tesco" banner or store info at the top. So another alternative that I sometimes do with problematic receipts, is take the affected items to Customer Services and request they separately refund and resell those items; that's slightly awkward but effective.
Thanked by: Richard Frost, blythburgh

neilix

Post by neilix » Thu Jul 22 2021 11:04pm

Sarah wrote:
Thu Jul 22 2021 11:28am
I've stopped buying any pea milk as it tastes so awful (obviously just my subjective opinion) that I don't want it, even when free. The food bank box is a good idea, since it doesn't need to be chilled. I still pick up the oat milk of the same Mighty Pea brand. Haven't actually tried that yet, despite having several stockpiled now, but I presume it's similar to other oat milk. If you buy it in Tesco the receipt just says "Milk" but should be accepted by GreenJinn, so perhaps try again (or contact them) if they rejected your claim erroneously.

You need to ensure that the receipt shows the purchase date and other details, which must be visible in your submitted picture(s). If the receipt isn't printed clearly (which seems to happen quite a lot at Tesco in my experience) then you can ask an assistant for a reprint. They do this at the supervisor terminal or back office in Tesco, which does take several minutes and is likely to be a printout on an A4 sheet. I haven't had difficulty using those reprints for claims, although they look different and perhaps could have their authenticity questioned, e.g. they don't have the usual "Tesco" banner or store info at the top. So another alternative that I sometimes do with problematic receipts, is take the affected items to Customer Services and request they separately refund and resell those items; that's slightly awkward but effective.
Be warned that the "Oat" version by Mighty still contains about the same amount of pea protein as the others in the range so has pretty much the same taste. It is pretty foul in a drink or on its own, but I've found that mixed with my granola and a bit of protein powder it makes for quite a nice bowlful in the morning. I currently have enough to last me into next year and have them lined up by expiry date so that none of them get wasted. I do enjoy seeing another 3 pop up each week for free.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Jul 23 2021 10:28am

I have yet to get any Tesco receipt accepted by Green Jinn or Swagbucks Magic Receipts. So just buying at Morrisons or Co-op in future unless I want the item
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler