What kind of idiot....

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
macliam

What kind of idiot....

Post by macliam » Mon Dec 06 2021 3:22am

..........thinks a picture like this is OK for a Christmas card?

Answer: Thomas Massie, Republican Congressman for Kentucky, who tweeted the photo with the caption: "Merry Christmas! ps. Santa, please bring ammo".

This, mere days after yet another school shooting which left four Michigan teenagers dead and seven others injured when a 15-year-old went on a rampage with his father's gun.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59543735

It's never too late for "Prat of the Year", it seems :roll:
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Chadwick

Re: What kind of idiot....

Post by Chadwick » Mon Dec 06 2021 8:33am

This is why America has a gun problem. Idiots like this make it look normal and desirable to have big guns in your living room. It's terrifying.

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Dec 06 2021 8:56am

Apart from the fact that Massie himself appears to be holding a GPMG, which would seem unlikely to suit any purpose as anything but a fully automatic weapon, his daughters seem to be carrying an Uzi and a Tommy Gun - also fairly pointless if restricted to semi-auto. Mind you, the Tommy Gun has no magazine - and neither do any of the assault rifles held by those standing - so just providing ammunition (of several different calibres) wouldn't do much......

I'd say about half a pound of semtex could increase the IQ of any locality they are in....... :shifty:
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Dec 06 2021 10:37am

The best reply was a parent who replied with a photo of their family. Only no smiling faces just a gravestone for the victim of a mass random school shooting
Thanked by: pabenny
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Mon Dec 06 2021 11:00am

Elsewhere on t'interwebs, someone made the entirely new comment that guns aren't dangerous. They are just lumps of metal. It's the humans that are dangerous. This was a comment in support of the Second Amendment and against gun control.

It drew the response that perhaps the best solution would therefore be to keep guns AWAY from humans (except in specific controlled circumstances).
Thanked by: macliam