Coronavirus/COVID-19 part 2

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
Sarah

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19 part 2

Post by Sarah » Tue Dec 14 2021 1:38pm

England has run out of slots to book PCR tests today too.

https://twitter.com/rachaelvenables/sta ... 30692?s=20
Thanked by: blythburgh

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Dec 14 2021 4:00pm

This morning on ITV GMB, Raab was pressed about the Government having no plan....
"But we DO have a plan", he insisted "We plan to have all adults vaccinated by....."

....and there's your issue. What he expressed was NOT a plan, it was a target, an aspiration.

A plan sets out how you go from here to achieve your target. It's hard work, it states the dependencies, the requirements, the possible issues, the mitigations.... lots and lots of thorough thought-through work.

But the government don't know what a plan is - they work by sound-bite. That's easy.... you just con the people that you know what you're doing. No hard work like planning....

Trouble is, it doesn't work!!

Step 1, open the lift door
Step 2,....... oh dear, no lift - you've just fallen 20 floors to your death..

or Step 1, LFD test yourself all the time
Step 2,...... oh dear, there aren't enough tests for everyone.

Same difference.
Thanked by: Richard Frost, blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Dec 14 2021 4:38pm

No PCR tests testing slots available
No lateral flow tests available, ( Well they have thousands apparently) but no capacity within Royal Mail to deliver. Amazon now recruited and slowly coming back online.
Get a QR code to collect from pharmacies. But they have none available.

No booking slots for vaccinations online. Go to a walk in centre and get turned away as the queues are to long for them to manage.

Raab (the government) may have a plan. he/they have just not informed those who have to put it into action.

Incompetent and as useless as ever a troupe of clowns led by a charlatan.

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Wed Dec 15 2021 2:39pm

I'm a 2nd class citizen , even worse than not being vaccinated . No smart phone and no mobile , can't even order a home PCR test .

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Wed Dec 15 2021 7:09pm

78610 new cases today, the most ever, as Chris Whitty warns of worse to come.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59673150

However, don't expect to hear the L word from this government until the political imperative to avoid 'cancelling' Xmas is practically behind us.

macliam

Post by macliam » Wed Dec 15 2021 10:41pm

expressman33 wrote:
Wed Dec 15 2021 2:39pm
I'm a 2nd class citizen , even worse than not being vaccinated . No smart phone and no mobile , can't even order a home PCR test .
I replied to you on the iplayer thread - others may have missed your problem.... a positive result at this time of year is unwelcome, to say the least!

I hope you can get a PCR sorted PDQ, you need to know what you're dealing with - and get help on hand as quickly as possible. Keep us up to date with your news - it's what the forums are best for!

Take care

macliam

Post by macliam » Thu Dec 16 2021 8:19pm

I have now had my second jab!!!!! :thumbup: :D :thumbup:

It started with my friend calling me to say a local (well 25 miles away) pharmacy was doing a walk-in today. (climbs ladder)

I called the pharmacy and they said no jab for me because it's less than 8 weeks since my first (slips down snake)

Then my Anaesthetist friend called to say they were doing a walk-in at the hospital today. I said about the 8 weeks and he said, nonsense, it's now 28 days. (climbs ladder again).

Arrive at Hospital, present card, get a slip and go to the clinic. Nurse days "this is only 45 days, we can't innoculate you until 8 weeks have passed!" (dragged screaming and kicking down snake)

Then I ask a staff nurse if my friend is about - and he is doing innoculations himself. I wait, he comes out and I explain the issue - he says "there's a special form". He fills it out and I get my jab!!!! (I strangle the Snake, pass GO and collect my £200!!!)

So, it seems you CAN be vaccinated early, but it needs a special form filling out. It also seems many don't know or don't care.......Like in Portugal, it's not what you know, it's who you know!

Only downside is that i now have a burning sensation in my left arm and it feels (like last time) as if I've been hit with a baseball bat!

Still, good for Christmas!!

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Fri Dec 17 2021 4:15pm

macliam wrote:
Thu Dec 16 2021 8:19pm
Only downside is that i now have a burning sensation in my left arm and it feels (like last time) as if I've been hit with a baseball bat!
Or, perhaps like you've just been stabbed?

macliam

Post by macliam » Fri Dec 17 2021 6:04pm

Yeah, there's an update to that. I had a disturbed night... nothing obvious, just a bit clammy and my arm hurt. I was awake quite a lot. So, I came to at my normal time, but felt a bit yeugh, so decided to award myself a lie in. 3 hours later, I woke up again!

I got up and soon joined some neighbours in a "chain gang" redistributing the shingle on our road, I didn't feel 100%, but I was OK. Then I came back indoors and have been here about 3 hours .... getting worse. I'm back to the "dead arm" syndrome and just feel like I don't want to move out of my own shadow....

I hope it clears soon, but it's already considerably worse than after my first jab..... :(

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Dec 18 2021 10:40am

What is the most worrying is people with low immune systems are supposed to have a 4th jab. On local TV people were saying they could not get it. These are people who have a transplant or have a low immune system for another reason. The ones most at risk of getting the disease are not being helped
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler