How much longer?

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
macliam

How much longer?

Post by macliam » Tue Feb 08 2022 6:53pm

How much longer can this fiasco at Westminster continue?

Fresh from the de-clawed version of the Gray report, now handily being hidden away by the Met belatedly deciding that maybe it should look to prosecute those who break the law......

Fresh from official reports starting to demonstrate the crass mismanagement and corruption of Sunak's redistribution of wealth from the poor to the rich....

Fresh from the totally chaotic mismanagement of the pandemic.... (and for any who buy into the 'great vaccine rollout' just one look at the death totals vis-à-vis our neighbours will give a lie to that bollix).....

Fresh from displaying how unhealthy "oven ready" policies are.....

Johnson is now in full chaff mode, firing of in all directions in order to distract from the fact that he is the same lying, cheating, asocial bully he always was. Starmer is accused of an egregious lie - accused in parliament so that there is no recourse to law - and that spurs the rent-a-thug mob to surround him in the street. Now Rees-Mogg, the C18th throwback, is rewarded by a Ministerial role overseeing "Brexit Opportunities" for having moved his own Wealth Management business to Dublin to avoid Brexit restrictions.

What next - Vladimir Putin for Foreign Minister?
Thanked by: sanity clause
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Re: How much longer?

Post by blythburgh » Wed Feb 09 2022 10:16am

Check out "More or Less" on BBC sounds (Radio 4) and see how Johnson has repeatedly chosen figures that are the truth but very far from the whole truth repeatedly. I would go as far as to call him a liar over the figures
Thanked by: macliam
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Post by macliam » Wed Feb 09 2022 12:33pm

"More or Less" is a good listen..... I've linked to the latest broadcast in the "The BBC starts fighting....." thread. Most statistics are selected to prove a point. Statistics do not lie, but the people quoting them do. The thing to remember that no statistc quoted as a figure and not a range is almost certainly "being economic with the truth"..... and no statistic should be believed without knowing the sample details and the degree of confidence in the range quited. If the sample quoted is skewed, or if it has been chosen to present one side of a question, or if the range of the product is very wide and/or the degree of confidence low, then the statistics are worse than a guess.

As for Johnson, just listen to his careful abuse of the english language-- his non-answers, his non-apologies, his pseudo-buffoonery...... this is a skill honed by privilege. Unfortunately, in the mouths of the bottom-feeders he has as Ministers, it is just repetitive parrotting.

macliam

Post by macliam » Thu Feb 10 2022 2:20pm

I notice that there is much stress on the requirement that the "questionnaires" being sent out as part of the investigation of Parties in 10 Downing street is answered honestly.

Yes, we're talking to you, Johnson!