Did a man give birth?

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Did a man give birth?

Post by blythburgh » Wed Mar 09 2022 10:46am

I read how a person born female had felt they were a male since the age of 7. They were in a mixed sex relationship but started testoterone treatment only to find in week 9 of the treatment they were 8 weeks pregnant.

They stopped the treatment immediately and have since given birth to a healthy baby boy which they "chest" fed.

No longer in the same relationship they are hoping to have more children but as they had their breasts removed after finishing "chest" feeding the baby they are sad they will not be able to physically feed any new baby.

Sorry but I cannot believe that a "man" gave birth. This person obviously is not living as a full man IMHO. I feel desperately sorry for them as they had body dysphoria and felt strongly they were a man not a woman. But surely they are trying to have their cake and eat it.

I am not anti transition, I know slightly a person online who announced they no longer wish to be known as Leslie but Lesley as they have come out as a transexual. I never refer to them by their original name but always use the femine form (Leslie/Lesley is not their real name) and if necessary call them she. I am happy for the NHS to perform gender re-assignment surgery for the few who need it. But for my views I know some will attack me but I do not care.
Thanked by: expressman33
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Re: Did a man give birth?

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Mar 09 2022 11:35am

Clearly the person was born female and therefore has the organs etc and presumably no penis. In my opinion a female regardless of the way she chooses to identify her gender. So given that the foregoing is correct able to have a baby. In my opinion a female regardless of the way she chooses to identify her gender to other people.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Mar 10 2022 9:28am

If the person had chosen to undergo full gender reassignment or had not chosen to have sex with a man I would call them a man. Otherwise what the heck are they? Want all the advantages of being a man and a woman when it suits them.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Thu Mar 10 2022 10:23am

This guy? Would you be equally rude and insulting to his face? How would you feel if random strangers deliberately misgendered you?

blythburgh wrote:
Wed Mar 09 2022 10:46am
But surely they are trying to have their cake and eat it.
Disappointing that you single out such a group to say that. Surely it's elementary that trans people might wish to be parents, just like everyone else. It's a basic human right. Are you also against IVF or reproductive rights for other minorities?

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Thu Mar 10 2022 12:09pm

blythburgh wrote:
Sorry but I cannot believe that a "man" gave birth.
How would you refer to someone who transitioned some time after having children? For example, your acquaintance Lesley. If she had fathered children would you find it difficult to refer her as female now?

blythburgh wrote:
I am not anti transition
Just against it for people with children? Are there other circumstances in which you would not be able to accept someone changing gender?

macliam

Post by macliam » Thu Mar 10 2022 3:23pm

Yeah. fine.... let's all generalize. If I consider myself an ogre, paint myself green and have implanted horns, am I now an ogre, or do I just have the right to consider myself an ogre? There is a difference. More importantly, do I have the right to insist that others accept me as an ogre - or just the right not to be persecuted for my difference? Do I have the right to insist that the majority change their views to accept my own? Do I have the right to demand special treatment from the majority ?

The word "normal" applies to those who fit within the norm, abnormal applies to those who don't, these are real terms, not a moral dimension or a judgenment. Likewise, female applies to someone who can bear offspring, distinguished biologically by the production of ova which can be fertilized by male gametes. Likewise male refers to someone who produces spermatozoa with which a female may be fertilized or inseminated to produce offspring. This does not depend on the quality of the gemetes produced, just the ability to produce them. Those who do not fit these categories are something else, they may consider themselves something else, they may be aided to present as something else..... but they are NOT what they want to be just because they consider themselves to be so.
Thanked by: expressman33, blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Mar 12 2022 9:35am

A woman who is a mother and transitions to be a man would be a man but I just think that if you wish to really be a man then you forego being the "mother" of any babies.

And I was careful to refer to the person in the news as "they" as I felt that was the most appropriate term. They are not truly a man as they are keeping many female parts IMHO. Some would call them "she" as they want to be a mother again but I would not.

I had to go to the hospital recently, driving someone else not for myself. But went into the entrance area to use the loo and was happy to see male, female,disabled toilets signs and an intersex one