Barclays Blue Rewards

Money, investing, mutuals etc
Richard Frost

Re: Barclays Blue Rewards

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Mar 16 2022 11:09am

There should be a small window between becoming payable and the amount being paid. If you miss that then then either the BACS account transfer service will kick in and the amount will be transferred to your new account same or next day. If you have not used this service it will be returned to imutual and I assume Richard will recredit to your account and give you the opportunity to change your bank details.

Alternatively you could raise a query and ask Richard to un-auto it. But given the current state of replies to queries there might be a little delay before you get a reply.

sanity clause

Post by sanity clause » Wed Mar 16 2022 11:22am

At the current rate, it'll take years to reach the £5 minimum.

My next thought was to raise a query, which I'll do, thanks.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Mar 16 2022 1:59pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Thu Dec 02 2021 9:59am
sanity clause wrote:
Thu Dec 02 2021 9:27am
Pay a fiver to get back a fiver! I don't think so.

I've been with Barclays for decades, and this has been a good little earner in recent years, despite the increased fee from £3 to £4 not so long ago.

For some reason, the browsers on my PC don't like their website anyway, so time to change banks, methinks.
There are many decent switching deals/bribes out there, if you decide so to do.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banki ... -accounts/
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Fri Mar 18 2022 12:37pm

Has anyone/everyone cancelled Barclays Blue Rewards now? I didn't yet. The next fee and reward date is 4th April; ideally would be good to receive the next reward but not pay the next fee, if that can be achieved!

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Mon Mar 21 2022 9:09pm

Sarah wrote:
Fri Mar 18 2022 12:37pm
Has anyone/everyone cancelled Barclays Blue Rewards now? I didn't yet. The next fee and reward date is 4th April; ideally would be good to receive the next reward but not pay the next fee, if that can be achieved!
My payment and reward both happen on the same day so can't see any way that I would be able to achieve that. However academic at the moment as I am not planning on cancelling because I have a mortgage with Barclays so for the time being it make sense to remain part of the scheme. Fingers crossed you figure out a way. 🤞🙂
Thanked by: Sarah

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Fri Apr 01 2022 12:30am

Here are the cancellation T&Cs:
When you can close Barclays Blue Rewards

You can cancel your Barclays Blue Rewards at any time either through Online Banking or with the Barclays app. If you do this before 5pm on the last day of the month, we won’t charge the next monthly fee. If you cancel within the first 14 days of receiving these Additional Conditions and you have already paid a monthly fee, we’ll refund the fee, unless you have already received any rewards into your Blue Rewards Wallet.

If you cancel Barclays Blue Rewards
  • We'll transfer your available rewards balance back to you. We may transfer this to your nominated current account, a different instant access current or savings account, or we will send a cheque.
  • You will no longer be eligible for any pending rewards that have not yet been shown in your Blue Rewards Wallet
  • We will no longer charge you the Barclays Blue Rewards monthly fee in future months, however you will continue to pay the monthly fee until your Blue Rewards Wallet is closed.
On the basis of those sentences in bold, especially that second bullet point, I'll just take the obvious exit strategy of waiting until after the next reward has been credited. There might be no way to win with good timing, yet it could otherwise be possible to lose with bad timing!