Minimum payout

pabenny

Re: Minimum payout

Post by pabenny » Fri Mar 25 2022 8:19am

If you're that bothered, make your purchases via TCB or Q.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Mar 25 2022 8:29am

xrppzi wrote:
Fri Mar 25 2022 7:23am
Chadwick wrote:
Thu Mar 24 2022 12:49pm
xrppzi wrote:
Thu Mar 24 2022 8:45am
I now have a problem. Within a month or so, I will qualify for a full payout. I have one or two things I wish to buy, but one or two purchases will be of no benefit to me. Richard, can the payout not be changed to once every 3 or 4 months in addition to the £5 minimum as otherwise there is no reason for people like me to buy through the site?
Turn off automatic payout and do it manually every 3 or 4 months.
You missed my point. I have always cashed out manually, but in 3-4 months without daily clicks my payout still wouldn't amount to the £5 minimum. I don't buy much, especially online, so to qualify for a payout here would now take me 1-2 years or more!
The site is losing money at the moment. The £5 minimum is something Richard had brought in after a lot of thought and, no doubt, soul searching. I am in a similar position as you, do not buy much online. But I am happy to wait for a long time to reach the £5 if it means the site can keep going. And I will use the site when I do buy online
Thanked by: rayf
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

rayf

Post by rayf » Fri Mar 25 2022 10:35am

I have a suggestion which may be acceptable.
How about making an automatic payment for anybody that hasn't had a payment for 6 months. That would mean that the longest anyone had to wait would be 6 months even if they were below the £5 limit.
It also overcomes the situation where people were claimimg every week.

A compromise?
Thanked by: xrppzi, blythburgh

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Fri Mar 25 2022 3:11pm

xrppzi wrote:
Chadwick wrote:
xrppzi wrote:
Thu Mar 24 2022 8:45am
I now have a problem. Within a month or so, I will qualify for a full payout. I have one or two things I wish to buy, but one or two purchases will be of no benefit to me. Richard, can the payout not be changed to once every 3 or 4 months in addition to the £5 minimum as otherwise there is no reason for people like me to buy through the site?
You missed my point. I have always cashed out manually, but in 3-4 months without daily clicks my payout still wouldn't amount to the £5 minimum. I don't buy much, especially online, so to qualify for a payout here would now take me 1-2 years or more!
I think I have misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that you wanted to allow your cashback to build up over a few months rather than have it auto payout after a shorter period.

But now you're saying it would take you a couple of years to reach £5. I don't understand how an automatic payout earlier would help, since you wouldn't qualify for it anyway. I would argue that is precisely the reason for buying through the site - to increase your cashback (and perhaps hit the £5 target in 3/4 months).

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Mar 26 2022 8:36am

Chadwick wrote:
Fri Mar 25 2022 3:11pm
xrppzi wrote:
Chadwick wrote:

I think I have misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that you wanted to allow your cashback to build up over a few months rather than have it auto payout after a shorter period.

But now you're saying it would take you a couple of years to reach £5. I don't understand how an automatic payout earlier would help, since you wouldn't qualify for it anyway. I would argue that is precisely the reason for buying through the site - to increase your cashback (and perhaps hit the £5 target in 3/4 months).
But we are both in the same boat, not hardly ever buying online.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

dannyluis

Post by dannyluis » Fri Apr 01 2022 9:13am

Having reached the minimum payout I requested a payment in the usual way but it has not arrived .Hope there are no problems at Imutual causing this delay.

dannyluis

Post by dannyluis » Sat Apr 02 2022 6:25pm

Payout now received , thanks Richard.

Bruce
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by Bruce » Mon Jun 13 2022 6:54am

macliam wrote:
Wed Jan 19 2022 11:29pm
It makes me smile that some people get annoyed that they have to wait to get free money.
Cashback isn't free money though. I treat it as a refund on my purchases.

If I can get my cashback sooner with another site (TCB has no minimum and Quidco is £1 minimum), then why would I use imutual?

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jun 13 2022 8:58am

Bruce wrote:
Mon Jun 13 2022 6:54am
macliam wrote:
It makes me smile that some people get annoyed that they have to wait to get free money.

If I can get my cashback sooner with another site (TCB has no minimum and Quidco is £1 minimum), then why would I use imutual?
Cashback/refund it is still free money. But I can see your point of using Toppers or Quidders. But I still prefer to keep the forum going by using imutual when I can. But rarely buy online

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Jun 13 2022 11:59am

Bruce wrote:
Mon Jun 13 2022 6:54am
macliam wrote:

My comment addressed those complaining about the time to claim the proceeds of daily clicks on imutual, however given that there are no longer any dailies available on imutual, this is now moot.

I use other sites where the minimum for payouts is £5 - and there are many others which have (or had) even higher bars. Given that cashback sites are closing, given the current situation - and that payouts actually have a unit cost to imutual, what would you prefer.... a delay in claiming or a further nail in the coffin for the site? Many people make clear that they do not use imutual unless the cashback offered is as high or higher than elsewhere, so the delay in payouts is just another factor to consider.

None of this is how we would like it to be, but it is what it is. Either Richard addresses the issues that threaten the site, or it will join the long list of exes.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me