Brexit still isn’t working!

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
macliam

Re: Brexit still isn’t working!

Post by macliam » Thu Apr 28 2022 7:07pm

Do you think they care? Do you think Johnson would do any more than claim he was poorly informed and that the cat ate it, if he were caught bang to rights?

Next you'll be claiming they have morals.......
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Thu Apr 28 2022 10:29pm

macliam wrote:
Thu Apr 28 2022 7:07pm
Do you think they care? Do you think Johnson would do any more than claim he was poorly informed and that the cat ate it, if he were caught bang to rights?

Next you'll be claiming they have morals.......
That's what I'm wondering. We might disagree with their goals, but surely if they wanted to achieve their own goals they might have planned or prepared a little to help them get there? Did they really all look no further than their own wallets and jump into this with absolutely no idea of what they wanted or how to get it? it certainly feels like it.

macliam

Post by macliam » Sat Apr 30 2022 11:47am

Chadwick wrote:
Thu Apr 28 2022 6:25pm
Did Boris, Farage, Gove, RJM etc all genuinely believe they could just shut the door on the EU and immediately start trading on new rules? Had they given it any thought at all? Surely they weren't just driven by jingoism?
Too many words. Try just "Did Boris, Farage, Gove, RJM etc all genuinely believe", other than believing it was in their own best interests.....

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon May 02 2022 8:17am

Johnson is pushing for a free trade deal with India to be finalised by later this year. Free trade deals usually take years so how many unintended consequences will there be with these rushed deals. And worse still with the India one many voted leave to get rid of white Europeans in their area. India will make sure they get lots of their people get visas to work here. The racists who voted leave (not saying all leave voters are racists but some definitely are) are going to be exceptionally angry.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon May 02 2022 10:18am

Johnson et al are desperate to announce something positive from Brexit...... and cut price, ummmmm whatever we might actually buy from India is one plus,of course, we can sell more of the things they don't already buy from us because they prefer to get them elsewhere. Knowing the business-sense of that lot, I wouldn't be surprised if they think it would be a great idea to outsource work to the sub-continent too - more helpdesk jobs in India to allow more Brits to be made unemployed and available for fruit-picking.

I'll say nothing of the fact that India and other countries that have sat on the fence over Ukraine, or actually aided Russia should be sanctioned - such political thoughts are less important than a Brexit "benefit" for the tabloids. Obviously a deal with India would offset the loss of a deal with the USA, caused by meddling with the NIP too!

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon May 02 2022 3:02pm

I can understand India needing to keep Russia on their side in case of trouble with China again. But what worries me is the current leader is so pro Hindu's and anti Muslim and the probably next leader is even more extreme. If only the Congress lot had not allowed them to take power. But I guess too long in power made them too complacent and corrupt.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Wed May 04 2022 12:53pm

Hope everyone is enjoying the festivities...

Thanked by: Chadwick, blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu May 05 2022 10:19am

Think what that £120m could have done. Not sure if any of the Festival stuff was in my area. I am sure Melanie, Tory County Councillor and Johnson/Brexit lover would have made sure our local FB group would have been made aware of anything

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Fri May 06 2022 3:08pm

"EU membership vs lost trade: Forget extra NHS cash, Brexit costs Britain £173m every week, or £1m per hour"
Weighing up the cost of EU membership versus lost EU exports since Brexit, Brexit has cost the UK £9bn a year, or around £173m a week, about £25m per day, or just over £1m every single hour.
https://www.cityam.com/eu-membership-vs ... -per-week/
Thanked by: blythburgh, Chadwick

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat May 07 2022 10:23am

I saw that in an FB group and it is now on my FB page.