Covid fines

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Covid fines

Post by blythburgh » Mon May 23 2022 11:11am

Johnson was called into the room because his wife had brought in a birthday cake which he and others had a slice of. He gets a fine from the police for breaking lockdown rules.

Jophnson and civil servants are sitting in the garden with bottles of wine on the table. The police do not fine him for breaking lockdown rules. Johnson claims they were working.

Since when was Mrs Johnson a member of the cabinet, a paid advisor or a civil servant? Why was this member of the public present at a work meeting in the garden?

I am still trying to get my head round the police fines.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Re: Covid fines

Post by macliam » Mon May 23 2022 12:45pm

Jonson is like a dog who does its business on your lawn and then makes a feeble attempt to cover it. It doesn't make it go away, it doesn't smell any less and the dog is just as guilty.

BUT, it is not all the dog's fault. Someone let it go to your lawn, somebody feeds it and they don't take any responsibility for the mess it makes.

Likewise, Johnson is a known liar with zero personal integrity....... yet someone votes for him.
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Mon May 23 2022 2:24pm

blythburgh wrote:
Mon May 23 2022 11:11am
Johnson was called into the room because his wife had brought in a birthday cake which he and others had a slice of. He gets a fine from the police for breaking lockdown rules.

Jophnson and civil servants are sitting in the garden with bottles of wine on the table. The police do not fine him for breaking lockdown rules. Johnson claims they were working.

Since when was Mrs Johnson a member of the cabinet, a paid advisor or a civil servant? Why was this member of the public present at a work meeting in the garden?

I am still trying to get my head round the police fines.
Hopefully the Sue Gray report will shed some light on why the Met followed up some incidents more than others.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue May 24 2022 11:09am

Photo shows Johnson at a leaving party (banned elsewhere of course). He was not fined but someone else was. Why?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue May 24 2022 12:11pm

blythburgh wrote:
Tue May 24 2022 11:09am
Photo shows Johnson at a leaving party (banned elsewhere of course). He was not fined but someone else was. Why?
This is not something I can get particularly worked up about. There has always been one law for them and one for others. it is just that in this age of social media and 24 hour news it is all just so much more obvious. Once you accept the fact that Johnson is a consummate habitual liar and is surrounded by a bunch of weak subservient flunkies. There is nothing more to add.

Perhaps more worrying is the cost to you and I. Expensive police costs, half a million to investigate. The ongoing cost of the Sue Gray report and yet to come a Parliamentary investigation. What a total piss up at the taxpayers expense. All of this was sanctioned by the Great British Public at the last election. Who says the public knows best? If we were in France and this was happening there would be riots on the Paris streets.

About time people woke up and smelt the coffee.
Thanked by: Oggy, sanity clause

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed May 25 2022 10:46am

Only about 1 in 3 voters actually voted for the present Govt. Do not let the huge majority fool you about how representative of the electorate they are.

And it matters to me. I have a relative in a care home with dementia whom nobody could visit. All dementia patients in care homes have got far worse far more rapidly. I went to a funeral as a close relative by marriage. What should have been a church full of people had few people. The sons could not comfort there Mother at the funeral.

So many people had funerals knowing they could not be with their loved one in the final days.

We are angry and will never forgive Johnson for his disregard of rules and encouraging others to do the same.

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Wed May 25 2022 11:02am

blythburgh wrote:
Wed May 25 2022 10:46am
Only about 1 in 3 voters actually voted for the present Govt. Do not let the huge majority fool you about how representative of the electorate they are.

And it matters to me. I have a relative in a care home with dementia whom nobody could visit. All dementia patients in care homes have got far worse far more rapidly. I went to a funeral as a close relative by marriage. What should have been a church full of people had few people. The sons could not comfort there Mother at the funeral.

So many people had funerals knowing they could not be with their loved one in the final days.

We are angry and will never forgive Johnson for his disregard of rules and encouraging others to do the same.
I am fully aware how the electoral process works in this country. Its crap and regardless of how many people voted Tory the fact is they got elected.

I have never said it does not matter. What I said was "This is not something I can get particularly worked up about" Too many people get angry, but to what avail? It does not achieve anything worthwhile. I repeat "About time people woke up and smelt the coffee."

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Wed May 25 2022 11:44am

Thanked by: blythburgh, Chadwick

macliam

Post by macliam » Wed May 25 2022 7:10pm

Johnson is terribly busy looking for someone else to throw under a bus.......

Move along, nothing to see here - look at that birdie!

... and the ridiculous part is that people still defend him!
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Thu May 26 2022 10:59am

His staff had been working so hard, he complained. Often, he didn’t say, they hadn’t cracked open a bottle until 4pm. But the cleaners who had to wipe the wine and the vomit off the floor and the walls were also on the frontline. At least one government cleaner, instructed to keep coming in to work during lockdown, contracted Covid and died. His name was Emanuel Gomes. One of his colleagues was sacked while isolating. Although the prime minister kept telling us that it was impossible to distinguish working from partying, cleaners probably know the difference. The clue is whether you’re holding a toilet brush.

But we know what those around Johnson think of people like Gomes. “I was made aware of multiple examples of a lack of respect and poor treatment of security and cleaning staff,” Gray said. Cleaning up sick, like lockdown, was for the little people.
https://thecritic.co.uk/the-right-to-a- ... -to-party/