Minimum payout

Richard Frost

Re: Minimum payout

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Jun 13 2022 12:03pm

macliam wrote:
Wed Jan 19 2022 11:29pm
Either Richard addresses the issues that threaten the site, or it will join the long list of exes.
The problem is that he seems either unable or unwilling to do this.
Thanked by: blythburgh

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Jun 13 2022 1:07pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Mon Jun 13 2022 12:03pm
macliam wrote:
Wed Jan 19 2022 11:29pm
Either Richard addresses the issues that threaten the site, or it will join the long list of exes.
The problem is that he seems either unable or unwilling to do this.
Well, it seems that when he tries to, he has people complaining........ :eh:

I understand your comment, but given the current situation, how would you suggest he proceeds? In order for the site to live within its means, Richard has taken up other work.... which limits the time- and money - he has available to undertake anything other than maintenance. Equally, when he explains that the previous payout system is actually costing imutual unnecessarily - and a solution - then there are complaints about that too. I recall the same complaints when changes to the company structure were proposed. You can't really move without changing something, can you?

As has been said before..... who has a better proposal?
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Jun 13 2022 2:48pm

For a start, we have the Kelkoo daily clicks that have been in abeyance for several months.

Skyscanner is available with restricted frequency elsewhere.

There have been just two new merchants added in the last 12 months.
Thanked by: expressman33, blythburgh

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Jun 13 2022 3:12pm

I have asked for several merchants widely available elsewhere, but always told "Sorry we can't get them". Given up now. Its a very slow but certain death from a terminal illness.
Thanked by: pabenny

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Jun 13 2022 3:22pm

I think you're right. There's been a head-in-the-sand attitude to decline for years; even when I raised it ahead of the AGM, there was no willingness to engage with the situation beyond hoping something would turn up.
Thanked by: Richard Frost, blythburgh

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Jun 13 2022 5:30pm

Without wishing to enter into a debate where none of us know the answers, I would suggest that there may well be catch-22 issues with what you have suggested. If our memership is not high enought to seem "relevant" to a merchant, then they will not engage... so what do you expect Richard to do in that case?

Skyscanner is available on TopCat and on an affiliated site, now defunct - but again, that doesn't mean it is available to us. Kelkoo was only available here and whilst I too would like to see it back, presumably there is an issue to be overcome....

One thing's certain, if you keep complaining about the demise of imutual long enough, you'll surely be proven correct one day....
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Jun 13 2022 8:02pm

I've been warning of the risk of demise of imutual for years and seen nothing but decline.
That's warning, not complaining.
"the site has plateaued".
"there needs to be lots of (largely invisible) system upgrades before seeking to attract new members"
"no resources"
etc

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Jun 14 2022 11:05am

pabenny wrote:
Mon Jun 13 2022 2:48pm
For a start, we have the Kelkoo daily clicks that have been in abeyance for several months.

Richard says he has got Kelkoo back but it needs a lot of sorting before going live. But family issues on top of work meant he had no time to sort it. No idea what the family issues are or how long they will last but they are obviously a private matter. And Richard needs to work, imutual will not pay the bills. So we can but hope that the family issues are soon sorted and Richard can concentrate on getting Kelkoo back on the site
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Tue Jun 14 2022 4:06pm

blythburgh wrote:
Tue Jun 14 2022 11:05am
pabenny wrote:
Mon Jun 13 2022 2:48pm

Richard says he has got Kelkoo back but it needs a lot of sorting before going live. But family issues on top of work meant he had no time to sort it. No idea what the family issues are or how long they will last but they are obviously a private matter. And Richard needs to work, imutual will not pay the bills. So we can but hope that the family issues are soon sorted and Richard can concentrate on getting Kelkoo back on the site
If Imutual receives any revenue from the daily kelkoo clicks it would be in Richard's interest to sort it ASAP.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Tue Jun 14 2022 10:03pm

blythburgh wrote:
Tue Jun 14 2022 11:05am
Richard says ... Kelkoo ...
Yes, of course we can be sympathetic. But that doesn't change anything, doesn't pay the bills, doesn't keep IM alive.