Signature policy?

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Re: Signature policy?

Post by richard@imutual » Mon May 21 2012 9:46am

As an aside, we do have a future plan to provide imutual members with their own 'profile' page (quite a bit more advanced than the current forum profile) which allows you to create your own content on the site
Thanked by: Eurovisionfan

Kelantan

Post by Kelantan » Mon May 21 2012 10:07am

richard@imutual wrote:So we could have a policy where the only links you put in your signature are to other parts of the imutual site. But such a link could be to a post that you've made yourself, which contains referral links to other sites. I don't think this would take away from the benefit of signatures and would have the following benefits:
- avoiding unnecessary repetition and clutter whilst reading posts
- deter spam
- encourage posting to the forum
That would be good for the links. But does nothing for the oversized fonts etc

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Mon May 21 2012 10:47am

I'd suggest that we should limit sigs to normal font size. Colour and bold can still be used for emphasis though
Thanked by: Mel

Eurovisionfan

Post by Eurovisionfan » Mon May 21 2012 3:40pm

I'm still confused. What exactly is a signature for? Why have them in the first place? I'm sorry, I'm a nearly silver surfer, and the etiquette in all this technological world is completely baffling! Especially with kids with these new fangled smart phones!
Thanked by: kevinchess1

rayf

Post by rayf » Mon May 21 2012 4:05pm

OK - I have only recently started to use a signature - seems like a reasonable idea provided it doesn't go over the top.

I'm happy to conform to any agreed rules but they must be very clear.

I gave a lot of thought to puttinhg my signature together because I didn't want it to be too in your face but it does need to be clear - I have two links - one for imutual in case anybody googles from outside - and the other for Superpoints which seems to be flavour of the month and not a rival to imututal.

I think my signature is reasonable but probably just about the limit - anything more is getting excessive.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon May 21 2012 7:31pm

When I said a special sig and how to do it. This is the sort of thing I mean. It is someone's in another forum and each word is a link to the site and if you join the the person has a new ref link. I cannot comment on all the sites as I do not belong to all of them.

NeoBux (2008) :: MatrixMails (2002) :: Wordlinx (2003) :: LinkGrand (2007) :: ClixSense (2007) :: PaidForEmails.co.za ::

And now I have found this one: I tried this & I tried that, made a penny here & made a few pennies there.

And then I found the what I was looking for

Now I earn 10's of Dollars a day

Message me if you would like to know how. So Far Helped 7 members here make money.
SOme of it is in much larger letters than the rest.

If you want my tip to finding what you are looking for:

Turn off the computer and get a life :lol:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Squire

Post by Squire » Thu May 24 2012 6:07pm

Referral links are OK but need to be standard sized font, no garish or flashing colours, no huge banners, no foul language, no dodgy sites and so on.

If this is a headache to police, then ban having any signatures at all, and use a script to append the name of the post writer, at the end of anything that they post, automatically.

Restrict the recruiting stuff to their profile so that anyone really interested in joining up to stuff and earning referral payments for that member, can do so.

I have a couple of my sites in my signature, happy to delete them or have them removed for me if that is what is needed.

I admit I am getting fed up with some of the junk bloating up the posts and pushing interesting information further down the page than it would otherwise need to be scrolled.

If that last utterence "aint bad grammar".

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu May 24 2012 11:34pm

I'd hate to sea yer sigs go Squire
I'm V interested in Website editin :oops:
Politically incorrect since 69

annfen

Post by annfen » Thu May 24 2012 11:45pm

I don't have a problem with a single line of text (reasonable size but can be larger than normal) - I don't like graphics though unless its a one-time only.

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Fri May 25 2012 7:03am

kevinchess1 wrote:I'd hate to sea yer sigs go Squire
I'm V interested in Website editin :oops:
And your not interested in Big Bust Bras :?: