New claims "appeals" process

kevinchess1

Re: New claims "appeals" process

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Apr 12 2012 11:39pm

peaches40 wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:

We currently have a coalition govement kept in power by a smallish party
That maybe so but each MP still only gets one vote each ;)
Legally, technically yes
In reality S/he will belong to a party, all MPs do, parties all have Whips, whose job is to tell MPs how to cast their vote, which is decdied by the people in that party with the biggest influence, or risk expulsion from the party
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Apr 12 2012 11:46pm

cashbacklover wrote: Please tell me how someone like me has contributed more to I-Mutual than someone with much less shares who uses I-Mutual as there only cashback site. :?:
I feel that you have contributed enormously to Imutual
You are always posting on the ‘Suggest-a-merchant’ thread, listing trackers and what other CBS are paying/posting
Also you post about ‘Guaranteeing your cashback by threatening to sue’ I’m sure I’m not the only person that read that with interest.
Also you constant playing of devil’s advocate is good for keeping RY on his toes would this thread have been as good without your input/debate?
I think not
I hope you carry on posting for a while yet

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Apr 13 2012 12:10am

peaches40 wrote:I have been watching this thread with interest and just thought I'd express my two pennies worth ;)

It is my belief that the whole idea of a "mutual" or "co-operative"is operated on the basis of one member, one vote system.
;)
Yes but we're not actually a 'Mutual' company in the true sense of the word
We're a 'PLC with a Mutual ethos'

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Fri Apr 13 2012 12:20am

[quote="kevinchess1
I would this thread have been as good without your input/debate?
I think not
[/quote]

Ty very much for taking the time out to for complimentary post :D :thumbup:

I have made a nice amount of cashback via I-Mutual :thumbup: :D

Forum is much more lively and entertaining when you are posting on it :thumbup:

Peaches40 appears to have brought the best fact to the thread :thumbup:

Question for Mr Y - Do I need to take this :?: to MSE in order to get an answer - Aid Memoir - X- Bingo ;)

[quote="cashbacklover"]

[Ultimately Richard is Peaches40 stated belief correct - Yes or No - If she is correct then shouldnt 1 member 1 vote apply to all I-Mutual voting including AGM :?:

[quote="peaches40"]

It is my belief that the whole idea of a "mutual" or "co-operative"is operated on the basis of one member, one vote system.
States here in "vision" that "we aim to create the UK's largest "consumer co-operative"; http://www.imutual.co.uk/aboutus

At the end of the day we are all equal, doesn't really matter if you've millions of shares they're all currently worth the same - Zero ;)[/quote
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Apr 13 2012 12:25am

Not sure the '1 member 1 vote' is part of this thread topic
But it is My belief that desicion would not be up to RY but a decision for the AGM
No prizes for guessin witch weigh I'd vote

As another example The chap whio goes into Tesco once a tear for a sandwich
Don't get anywhere near the amount of Clubcard points that say the familt who shop there evry week

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Fri Apr 13 2012 12:39am

kevinchess1 wrote:As another example The chap whio goes into Tesco once a tear for a sandwich
Don't get anywhere near the amount of Clubcard points that say the familt who shop there evry week
Neither of them get a vote at Tesco AGM do they ;)

Relevance to eariier posted question to thread is ( If I was P I would have started a new thread :lol: ) Risk was an appeal might have been rejected and then the rejected member may have claimed the decision was flawed/didnt arise out of a properly followed procedure if Peaches40 belief is absolutely correct and the voting procedure hadnt have been changed ;)

The outstanding question is merely a supplementary :?: relevance to thread is that the thread became an issue about correct voting procedure for the New claims "appeals" process and now that the concern about voting procedure became an issue on this thread it is only right that it should be clarified by Mr Y whether or not the same voting procedure should be used for all I-Mutual voting.

if peaches40 is absolutely correct then it would appear that all I-Mutual voting should be conducted on 1 member 1 vote basis to avoid the voting being challenged as flawed//didnt arise out of a properly followed procedure - if not then it can carry on as it is or Mr Y could seek a majority expressed consensus :P

cashbacklover wrote:
[Ultimately Richard is Peaches40 stated belief correct - Yes or No - If she is correct then shouldnt 1 member 1 vote apply to all I-Mutual voting including AGM :?:
peaches40 wrote:

States here in "vision" that "we aim to create the UK's largest "consumer co-operative"; http://www.imutual.co.uk/aboutus

At the end of the day we are all equal, doesn't really matter if you've millions of shares they're all currently worth the same - Zero ;)
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Fri Apr 13 2012 10:00am

Didn't I already give my opinion on that point in the post immediately afterwards?

In terms of major decisions about the company (including AGM/EGM voting) I certainly don't think one member one vote (regardless of contributions) is fair, and I think our unique structure gives us an advantage over traditional mutuals in this respect.

That said, we don't need to be dogmatic about it and can use different voting systems for different circumstances. e.g. with post-of-the-month where we limit the number of shares that one individual's opinion can count for.

So, as I've already stated, although I'd prefer shareholdings to be taken into account I'm happy to compromise and try "1 member 1 vote" for the purposes of claims appeals.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Apr 13 2012 11:24am

cashbacklover wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:As another example The chap whio goes into Tesco once a tear for a sandwich
Neither of them get a vote at Tesco AGM do they ;)
No
The people with the biggest votes are the biggest shareholders
At last we agree

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Wed Jun 20 2012 2:06pm

Richard, given the somewhat protracted course of one recent appeal in particular, please could you comment on the costs of running the appeals process (e.g. staff time used for administration or contributing to the appeals conducted so far. if any) and how this compares with the value of claims that have been the subject of appeals? Is the process proving to be cost effective and worthwhile? Thankyou!

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Wed Jun 20 2012 2:47pm

Can't comment on everything
But we have had 2 successful appeals worth £30 just under
I imagine the admins costs are how much RY pays himself and hour and how long he has to take from doin The daily clicks over at Rpoints :?