Gnomeo and Juliet

kevinchess1

Gnomeo and Juliet

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Feb 27 2011 10:00pm

Many of the intelligentsia literati types will tell you that HAMomLET is Shaky's best work
Some will talk up the merits of the Scotty play
Whilst other will wax loud and long about one of the various kings wot he wrote about
For me personally 'Romeo and Juliet' is his best work
The story of the doom lovers is a real tragedy
And ‘tragedy’ was the word that sprang to mind when I heard of ‘Gnomeo and Juliet.’
It difficult to say who is the biggest influence here, Willy boy or Elton John
Treated as we are to his entire bac catalogue
Still, being a new father I suspect he short of a few bob
Elton gets a credit William does not
But I suspect his would be relive to know that, for they don’t just stop at nickin the title they have a fair stab at recreartin the story
As applied to Garden gnomes
I don’t know what they were smoking when they came up with that idea
So we have Mrs Montague garden, she lives at 2b
And Mr Capulet’s garden, guess where he lives?
Also Paris, Tybalt et al are here
So our ‘Star cross lover meet, fall in love, find out they are sworn enemies break up and then run off together
The whole thing is V camp and surreal, even havin a V bizarre scene where Gnomeo has a conversation with Shakespeare’s statue, tellin him his story
Shakespeare tell him how its gonna turn out and Gnomeo carefully considered and well thought out argument is
‘That’s a rubbish endin!’
Might use that line when I write me Thesis on R+J ‘nice story shame the ending rubbish.'
The wholes thing V camp and full of some truly awful one liners ‘You look like a fun guy’ is said to a mushroom.
You might have got the impression that I’m not too taken with this, but that’s not tru, I actually enjoy this film. There’s enough hear to keep adults entertained, just spottin the similarities too the original
Some of the minor characters deserve their own films, Oozy Osborn as the world most stupidest reindeer steals every scene his in
But the best performance is Hulk Hogan's Lawn mower from hell ‘TERRAFIMINATOR’ scared the livin daylights out of me
I suspect a few thespians will hate it but try not takin it too much too heart and you’ll love it too
Best children/adult/’cartoon I’ve seen in a while
4 ****
Thanked by: richard@imutual
Politically incorrect since 69