Tickbox

Spotted a problem on imutual? If it's not specific to your account, then post here and see if other members can help. Staff also monitor this forum and will reply as necessary

What should imutual do about the Tickbox transactions it hasn't been paid for?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 24 2013 2:14pm

Reject all the transactions
42%
Awarded all the transactions
46%
Award individual transactions on request
12%

Total votes: 50

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Tickbox

Post by richard@imutual » Thu Jan 10 2013 2:14pm

We've got a problem with one of our "free cashback" offers and I want to canvas members' opinion as to what we should do...

Since late July, we promoted a survey site called Tickbox offering £2.10 for registering. This tracked fine but we had around 100 transactions which went to an "extended" status. On further investigation, it seems that the merchant had subsequently removed these transactions. We got the following explanation from the affiliate network (the intermediary between us and Tickbox):
originally the campaign was setup (to track) on the registration page. The reason for this was the advertiser was unable to (track a transaction) after the first live survey was completed.

Since the payable action was not per registration but per live survey completed we had a very high reversal rate. To answer your question further your leads would have been reversed because users did not complete the first live survey after registering and therefore did not fulfill the payable action criteria.
As of today, the program description does indeed state "Payable Action: New registration & survey (MUST double opt-in and complete first live survey)" and we did not explicitly state in our offer that it was necessary to complete a survey. However, I have a strong suspicion that the program description didn't state that requirement either at the time. Unfortunately, I have no way to prove this :(

So the bottom line is that we're not going to get paid for these transactions. My question is: what should we do about the associated cashback (circa £200) for affected members. It seems to me the choices are:
1. Reject them all
2. Award them all
3. Award them on request (i.e. if a member submits a query)

You can make an argument for all these options; my preference is #3 as it is likely to cost imutual less money but still allows individual members to claim the cashback if they feel hard done by. Please vote in the above poll; I'll abide by whatever the majority vote for

I'd also be interested to know if affected members believe that they did actually complete a survey
Thanked by: blythburgh, expressman33

cccashbacklover

Re: Tickbox

Post by cccashbacklover » Thu Jan 10 2013 2:19pm

""Payable Action: New registration & survey (MUST double opt-in and complete first live survey"

All 50% sites that I am a member of did state that requirement from the outset- neither I-Mutual or G site did
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Thu Jan 10 2013 2:23pm

Right, thanks. So we are at fault and I can understand if people vote for options 2 or 3 :oops:

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Thu Jan 10 2013 2:27pm

richard@imutual wrote:Right, thanks. So we are at fault and I can understand if people vote for options 2 or 3 :oops:
To be fair Richard because it tracked without completing a first survey I didnt complete a survey here, there or anywhere despite what the offer listing stated on the 50% sites ( 50% site of G site didnt state the requirement for apparent reasons)

From personal conversations and from what I have read on other forums tracking doesnt seem 2 be very good now even with a survey completed - G site have removed the offer from its site

Can you say how may shares in total you will be awarding if I-Mutual pay out of its own pocket ( not that I believe that it should do) being as the offer was promoted on at least two open forum threads as an "easy 2.10"
Last edited by cccashbacklover on Thu Jan 10 2013 2:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: kevinchess1
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Thu Jan 10 2013 2:36pm

About £200 and 2000 shares

ImutualLikeAPro

Post by ImutualLikeAPro » Thu Jan 10 2013 3:47pm

My Tickbox transaction was awarded in october... not sure why
Thanked by: Squire, kevinchess1

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Jan 10 2013 5:40pm

richard@imutual wrote:About £200 and 2000 shares
Does that include 'Promotor Bonus?''
Thanked by: cccashbacklover
Politically incorrect since 69

tonyg

Post by tonyg » Thu Jan 10 2013 8:04pm

ImutualLikeAPro wrote:My Tickbox transaction was awarded in october... not sure why
Snap so was mine from transaction in July 12, so must have filled out as instructed :)
Thanked by: ImutualLikeAPro, Squire

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Jan 10 2013 10:32pm

IF There's a No vote
AND
they're are all rejected
THEN
EVERYONE
of those Rejections has the right to an appeal
WHICH
If everybody sticks together and votes yes, will makes this Poll a moot point really :(
Thanked by: Squire
Politically incorrect since 69

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Fri Jan 11 2013 4:33am

Just because they can, doesn't mean that they will, or that they'll be successful.

So equally it could be said that if everybody sticks together and votes no in all the Tickbox polls, then the company saves having to pay out £200 and 2000 shares on behalf of some random survey site that inevitably had a very high reversal rate since they tracked transactions that did not fulfill the payable action criteria.

I can understand why Richard's recommendation is option 3 - to award individual transactions on request. No appeals would be necessary. Also, there are lots of random survey sites that could similarly be unable to track transactions correctly, so it may well be wise to avoid setting a precedent with the reject all and award all options.
Thanked by: cccashbacklover