Coupons at Tesco

Printable vouchers that you can use to get discounts in stores, restaurants etc
Sarah

Re: Coupons at Tesco

Post by Sarah » Wed Feb 20 2013 11:42am

The problem is that many staff (at junior and more senior levels) invent policy as they go along. I used to carry a similar letter from Tesco HQ but found it ineffective as the store staff didn't care what correspondence a customer had and never accepted a coupon after I showed them the letter, since they already decided they didn't want to, so I gave up on that. These days if the store declines a coupon then I just ask them to void the corresponding item (or pay and get it refunded at Customer Services) and maybe try again next time.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Wed Feb 20 2013 11:45am

Yes I'm the same sarah
I couldn't get them to take a coupon for OJ because it 'wasn't a soft drink?'
So I said I didn't want it
Politically incorrect since 69

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Feb 21 2013 7:25am

I think the problem is in the Tesco wording "not copied". The staff see a print out from a computer and assume it is a copy.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

disneyfan

Post by disneyfan » Thu Feb 21 2013 1:43pm

So sick of being treated like a criminal at the checkouts - OH hates coming shopping with me when I have coupons to use. Just wish the supermarkets here would be more like the USA. I wouldn't be into Extreme couponing but I would like to get a few pence off here and there without having to produce passport, driving licence and DNA sample (only kidding).
Thanked by: kevinchess1

dannyluis

Post by dannyluis » Thu Feb 21 2013 3:45pm

Thanks for all the comments. I took the matter in a different direction and contacted Proctor and Gamble who supplied the coupon in question.They replied sympathetically , but stated that it was, in the end, left to the discretion of individual store managers whether to accept coupons.However they promised to raise the matter with Tesco for further clarification.