New imutual site design

Richard Frost

Re: New imutual site design

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Mar 18 2013 8:38pm

elche1 wrote:Don´t like it. Go back to as it was before
Not a bad first post but realistically that is not going to happen. Perhaps if you could give some constructive criticism with ideas for improvements rather than negativity then you will be contributing to any improvements that are going to be made.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Mar 18 2013 10:41pm

xxxraichxxx wrote:when i click on ''forum'' it says...

Say hello
Where new members can introduce themselves and others can make them feel welcome 29 Topics167 Posts
Last post by beverly25
Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:02 pm

but, when i go in the ''say hello'' topic i cant see the last post from beverly25
Perhaps they are a spammer :?:
No posts listed under their Profile
Thanked by: blythburgh, xxxraichxxx
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Mar 18 2013 10:42pm

Drahcir wrote:Your name is not Kevin...
richard@imutual wrote:
We've designed and tested the new design to ensure that it works in the most popular browser versions (Firefox, Chrome, IE8+ and limited testing on tablets such as the ipad). Overall, we feel the design will give imutual a more professional look and hence make a better impression with current and prospective members + merchants and other companies that we work with.

Registering at imutual is now quicker and easier. It is no longer necessary to choose a username (until you want to post on the forum); you just need to enter your email address and choose a password. This can be either using the simple form on the home page, or via the sign-up / login pop-up window ("lightbox") which appears when clicking on various links throughout the site (e.g. the join button in the top right corner)

.... and it's a good job you checked and edited your post B4 I had chance to highlight the missing 'e' :)
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

roger

Post by roger » Mon Mar 18 2013 11:08pm

Think I'll reserve comment until I've got used to the new format. Right now I'm at the "I know how I used to do X but how do I do it under the new format?" stage so any comment would just show me up as an change-resistant old fogey. That may well be true but I don't necessarily want to tell the world.

pihilp

Post by pihilp » Mon Mar 18 2013 11:23pm

As Andy Pipkin would say, a don't like i'

duke

Post by duke » Tue Mar 19 2013 7:22am

The new design does take a little time to get the know how to navigate around, but I have found it to be much better and think Richard and everyone involved have done a fantastic job. :clap:

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Mar 19 2013 8:53am

When I click on a link from the forums to an external link. I now lose the imutual page, it used to be that a new page opened. It maybe that I have to adjust something in my settings. But it used to happen automatically. I am using Firefox 12, Mozilla Firefox for Linux Mint, mint - 1.0

As per roger I am resistant to change, Not particularly keen on the new design. But so far it seems faster, I am happy the logos have gone from the merchants. There is now much more room for information. I especially like the information on who has been suspended, it is very helpful. Colour wise it is a bit muted and could perhaps be brighter. But its ok :thumbup:
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Mar 19 2013 9:00am

kevinchess1 wrote:
Drahcir wrote:Your name is not Kevin...
richard@imutual wrote:
We've designed and tested the new design to ensure that it works in the most popular browser versions (Firefox, Chrome, IE8+ and limited testing on tablets such as the ipad). Overall, we feel the design will give imutual a more professional look and hence make a better impression with current and prospective members + merchants and other companies that we work with.

Registering at imutual is now quicker and easier. It is no longer necessary to choose a username (until you want to post on the forum); you just need to enter your email address and choose a password. This can be either using the simple form on the home page, or via the sign-up / login pop-up window ("lightbox") which appears when clicking on various links throughout the site (e.g. the join button in the top right corner)
.... and it's a good job you checked and edited your post B4 I had chance to highlight the missing 'e' :)
If you did it a bit more often. Perhaps your posts would come across as more reader friendly..
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

Fuggsy

Post by Fuggsy » Tue Mar 19 2013 10:04am

I can't find the "Recently Visited Merchants" [or whatever it was called} tab.

Also, the flashy rollovers are driving me MAD! At best they're distracting, and often get in the way of what I want to be looking at. This is definitely a backward step.

Flashy doesn't neccessarily make it better. It really is making it a horrible experience.

Please bring back the click-on tabbed menus. If I want to see something in particular, I would rather click on it.

Hmm, I also just noticed that Auto Spell-check is no longer working in Firefox. :thumbdown:
Thanked by: blythburgh

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Mar 19 2013 10:09am

Fuggsy wrote:I can't find the "Recently Visited Merchants" [or whatever it was called} tab.
Hmm, I also just noticed that Auto Spell-check is no longer working in Firefox
Top of page My Account (drop down)

Under cashback
History is the one you want :thumbup:

I have Firefox, spellcheck seems to be working ok here..
Thanked by: Fuggsy, blythburgh