New imutual site design

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Re: New imutual site design

Post by richard@imutual » Fri Mar 22 2013 10:41am

Oggy wrote:Can there please be an "Mark all Forums read" button it was there before but seems to have got lost.
This is done now :thumbup: It's on the Forum Index page

Squire

Post by Squire » Fri Mar 22 2013 11:13am

Feedback as requested.

I wanted to maximise recycling an S3 mini mobile phone so looked on TCB and imutual.

TCB allows me to sort by name, price, etc. as well as see ALL items (like we have on imutual as an option for seeing all our transactions instead of just the default 20 per page, but there I go getting distracted...)

Imutual gives me an undifferentiated set of data high and low price mixed, and more damming than that, makes me wade through page after page of results instead of allowing us members to see ALL in one go, to make finding the best merchant easier.

Envirofone is on the second page, admittedly the £4 rate is for iphones and the rest of us only get £1, but that is just one example of how I might have missed a bargain if I was an iphone owner say.

Not the highest priority maybe, but on the next round of updates, perhaps allow us to order the search results.

Another thing to consider, £137 and £5 for using a particular recycling merchant is more use to me if I withdraw as Amazon vouchers instead of PayPal (I will not use BACS payments).

So in this case I might be tempted to use TopCashBack just for the option of using that withdrawal method, since imutual will not offer Amazon as an option yet for the foreseeable future.

To summarise what to consider next site upgrade:

1. search result sorting and number per page.
2. Amazon vouchers as a redemption option.

Just feedback for consideration, not a complaint.

In other words I am trying to be helpful.
Thanked by: disneyfan, blythburgh

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Fri Mar 22 2013 12:22pm

Hi Squire, many thanks for those useful suggestions :thumbup:

We do plan to offer vouchers as a redemption option soon. And I don't see why we couldn't incorporate sorting by reward / % cashback either

The one thing I'm not clear on is where, on tcb, it allows you to sort by individual item :? AFAICS They have the same approach as us i.e. where a merchant has different cashback rewards for different products, the 'search' screen shows this as "Up to £x cashback" and sorting is done using the highest amount. Can you point me in the right direction?
Thanked by: blythburgh

Squire

Post by Squire » Fri Mar 22 2013 3:11pm

Yes they do take the highest £ value for the case when there are more than one rate for different things and sort on that.

Similarly for Highest %.
Thanked by: blythburgh

racquetstringer

Post by racquetstringer » Sat Mar 23 2013 8:18pm

Don't like it all all - the previous version was much better,simpler and eaiser to use.

Fuggsy

Post by Fuggsy » Thu Mar 28 2013 9:06am

Regarding the roll-over popups... would it be posible to introduce a small delay?

Half a second should be long enough to stop them popping up all the time, especialy when you don't want them.

In particular, the row of menu items [My Account thru to More stores] near the top are the most annoying. Every time you change tabs, you have to cross them. When you move your mouse back to click on an object or link, that object is obscured by a popup exactly where you don't want it.

xrppzi

Post by xrppzi » Thu Mar 28 2013 9:16am

Fuggsy wrote:Regarding the roll-over popups... would it be posible to introduce a small delay?

Half a second should be long enough to stop them popping up all the time, especialy when you don't want them.

In particular, the row of menu items [My Account thru to More stores] near the top are the most annoying. Every time you change tabs, you have to cross them. When you move your mouse back to click on an object or link, that object is obscured by a popup exactly where you don't want it.
Couldn't agree more - this is certainly the most annoying aspect of the new layout!
Thanked by: Squire

Mel

Post by Mel » Thu Mar 28 2013 11:54am

Still no link to the home page - or, at least, I can't see one.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Mar 28 2013 12:01pm

Mel wrote:Still no link to the home page - or, at least, I can't see one.

If you clic on the big IMutual logo at the top left that takes you there :thumbup:
Thanked by: Squire, Mel
Politically incorrect since 69

Mel

Post by Mel » Thu Mar 28 2013 2:21pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
Mel wrote:Still no link to the home page - or, at least, I can't see one.

If you clic on the big IMutual logo at the top left that takes you there :thumbup:

Thanks Kev I'd never have guessed that :thumbup: