Earn extra shares for posting bargains!

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Earn extra shares for posting bargains!

Post by richard@imutual » Fri Apr 22 2011 2:58pm

(UPDATE 24/1/2012 - You can now use a form to post a deal for an imutual partner, and your promoter link will get added automatically)

As imutual is a member-owned community where we help each other to save money, it is only natural that we should recognise and reward those who contribute by posting great deals and offers. So I'm pleased to announce the following incentive:

If you post a deal* to our forums, then for everyone who clicks through your link and earns shares we will reward you with the same number of shares!
e.g. You post a link highlighting a great car insurance offer. It is from an imutual partner where members can earn £50 cashback and 500 shares for taking out a policy. 10 members click through your link and take out a policy, earning a total of 5000 shares. We add 5000 shares to your account! :thumbup:
In time, we might review the number of shares awarded but as we're only just launching this feature we think the shares calculation ought to be simple and generous ;)

* We define a 'deal' as a link to page to a current imutual partner site (i.e. one where members can earn cashback and shares). It should be highlighting a particular product, discount or special offer, and the link must be properly constructed so that we can tell it was yours - see below

In the future, we will provide you with forms and search facilities to make it easy to find and post bargains and voucher codes. For the time being, you'll need to follow these instructions.

Summary

- Find your "direct link" for a given merchant by looking at the "Go direct" link on your Recent merchants page

- Add &url=TARGETPAGE to the end of that direct link to create your 'offer link'

Example

Let's say I want to create an offer link to the following Play.com product: www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/12041535/Family ... oduct.html

I make sure I've clicked on imutual's Play.com link recently, and then visit my Recent merchants page found in the "Home" menu

I see Play.com in the list and hover over the "Go Direct" link that appears on the right hand side. I can see that my direct link for Play.com is as follows:

http://www.imutual.co.uk/click/play?uid=450

Using the above instructions, I add &url= to this link followed by the page on Play.com I want to link to, to give a final offer link of:

http://www.imutual.co.uk/click/play?uid ... oduct.html

A slightly involved process, I accept. But, in advance of us providing a more user-friendly facility, I know that many of you are more than capable of getting to grips with it :)

Hope that make sense. Feel free to ask any questions!
Thanked by: garindan

kevinchess1

Re: Earn extra shares for posting bargains!

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Apr 22 2011 10:42pm

When i 'Hover' nothing happens
so i can't do this
inleess sumwon tell me me uid :(
Politically incorrect since 69

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Sat Apr 23 2011 7:35am

When hovering in most browsers, it will show the link in the bottom left corner. Or you can right click on it and choose "Copy link"

Your uid is 32

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Apr 24 2011 10:59pm

The symbol between the ID number and 'url' looks like an odd shape 8
Where is that on the keyboard?
Politically incorrect since 69

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Mon Apr 25 2011 7:46am

kevinchess1 wrote:The symbol between the ID number and 'url' looks like an odd shape 8
Where is that on the keyboard?
Shift+7 = &
Thanked by: kevinchess1