Re: New: the mutual dividend

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Apr 26 2013 4:47pm

Handicap parking=HCP=Highest Cashback Promise
Thanked by: Richard Frost
Politically incorrect since 69

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Fri Apr 26 2013 5:07pm

Now of course we look to the next item on our wish lists... e.g. 5% bonus upon withdrawal? :D
Thanked by: kevinchess1

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Fri Apr 26 2013 5:15pm

kevinchess1 wrote:Not wanting to promo our rivals
But both if them have Handicap parking

Who is both please being as I am unaware that Q site have it. :?
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

rayf

Post by rayf » Fri Apr 26 2013 5:18pm

cashbacklover wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:Not wanting to promo our rivals
But both if them have Handicap parking

Who is both please being as I am unaware that Q site have it. :?

whatever it is!

jdobb

Post by jdobb » Fri Apr 26 2013 5:48pm

There may be one or two competitor sites that enable some payments to be converted to Tesco clubcard points, giving such users the opportunity effectively to triple their cashback via clubcard deals. I'm sure no imutual shareholder would be so much a rate tart that they'd allow themselves to be swayed by such tactics, but such an uplift may make it harder for imutual to compete on rate - unless our company can think of a way of effectively trebling the cashback ...?

roger

Post by roger » Sat Apr 27 2013 11:03am

I think there's a limit to what Richard can reasonably be expected to achieve at this stage of the company's development as it doesn't have the muscle, in terms of sheer numbers, to compete with larger sites on certain deals. For example, although I too would welcome a Tesco deal of the type mentioned earlier, I can see that it won't make much obvious sense for Tesco's marketing people (and remember, Tesco is a multi-billion international company) to arrange a special deal with a company with just 5,000-odd members, only a minority of whom will be interested in the deal anyway. My take on this is that Richard's doing well and that, while iMutual offers short-term offers comparable (sometimes a bit better, sometimes a bit worse) to other sites, part of the potential benefit is long-term. In that respect, I would counsel patience.

PS. In case this post leads anyone to wonder, I've never met Richard or had any other dealings with him.

rayf

Post by rayf » Sat Apr 27 2013 1:26pm

instead of trying for some these extra special deals, how about paying a small dividend on the shares? - even a very small one would show that we are different to other sites and would hit the headlines!!

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Sat Apr 27 2013 1:29pm

Dividends are paid out of of taxable profits, and we haven't had any yet. Besides, it's more tax-efficient to pay any surplus as a higher cashback rate - which also has the effect of making us more competitive and hence attracting more members :)
Thanked by: Sarah, vikpaw, Fuggsy, blythburgh

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Apr 27 2013 4:03pm

Will the merchants with the Higher-than-anyone-else cashback be hilighted in some way :?:
Politically incorrect since 69

vikpaw
Sharing: 3stars.png

Post by vikpaw » Sat Apr 27 2013 7:07pm

kevinchess1 wrote:Will the merchants with the Higher-than-anyone-else cashback be hilighted in some way :?:
I'm sure some savvy bugger will tweet the offers and try to earn referrals off them ;)

I think this is a great idea, and regardless of the top up i'll continue to use iMutual for all that i can. I don't often shop around unless it's a large purchase like insurance where there is likely to be a nice tidy commission to be had.

For the smaller buys, i like to support a company, that i feel i can trust, has done right by me (paid back part of money lost elsewhere), gives me shares, and keeps me involved. The shares may be worth little now, and for some time, but i like to see the numbers rise.

You have my loyalty Richard because of the open way you've conducted yourself and set up iMutual and the way you continually take part in these discussions where it would be very easy to just set the rules and tell the members to live with it.

I can't imagine any other site being willing to stump up money that i lost elsewhere, even if it was a small amount that could be written off as a welcome bonus.
iSave frequently.