hello

Where new members can introduce themselves and others can make them feel welcome :)
danboi63

hello

Post by danboi63 » Thu May 30 2013 8:06pm

hello,

I have just found imutual and think its great! have over £200 on top cashback and quidco, that would have been alot of shares!

i am a little confused about the share idea tho, does it mean that we get paid? if so is that once a year?

sorry for the questions only just 18 so dont understand that well!

i know there isnt many people on here at the minute but i think it has great scope!

thanks very much!

kevinchess1

Re: hello

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu May 30 2013 11:05pm

Hello and welcome
Shares explained Here :thumbup:
Thanked by: richard@imutual
Politically incorrect since 69

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri May 31 2013 5:32am

You are a wise 18 year old as you are using cashback sites. I think in time the shares will be worth having but not for a number of years.

The profit is currently being shared amongst members in the form of 100% plus cashback on some things. You might find you can get more cashback here than at some of the far bigger sites.

And as the two biggest cashback sites, TopCashBack and Quidco make millions of pounds profit just think of the benefits to members here when we eventually make the "big two" cashback sites into the "big three".

And we all knew what it was like to be new to cashbacking or to be new here so ask all the questions you can think of. Someone is bound to know the answer and be more than happy to share their knowledge.

To the dailies every day and remember there always new "freebies" like comps etc. You will not get rich but have a 2nd bank account or have the money sent to your paypal account and use that as a saving account. Then you will be able to buy more expensive things with cash. Or better still buy them with a cashback credit card and pay the bill in full when you get the statement from them so you earn even more. :thumbup:
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

danboi63

Post by danboi63 » Sun Jun 02 2013 11:09am

kevinchess1 wrote:Hello and welcome
Shares explained Here :thumbup:
thanks very much!

danboi63

Post by danboi63 » Sun Jun 02 2013 11:15am

blythburgh wrote:You are a wise 18 year old as you are using cashback sites. I think in time the shares will be worth having but not for a number of years.

The profit is currently being shared amongst members in the form of 100% plus cashback on some things. You might find you can get more cashback here than at some of the far bigger sites.

And as the two biggest cashback sites, TopCashBack and Quidco make millions of pounds profit just think of the benefits to members here when we eventually make the "big two" cashback sites into the "big three".

And we all knew what it was like to be new to cashbacking or to be new here so ask all the questions you can think of. Someone is bound to know the answer and be more than happy to share their knowledge.

To the dailies every day and remember there always new "freebies" like comps etc. You will not get rich but have a 2nd bank account or have the money sent to your paypal account and use that as a saving account. Then you will be able to buy more expensive things with cash. Or better still buy them with a cashback credit card and pay the bill in full when you get the statement from them so you earn even more. :thumbup:
thanks :) well im hoping it takes off it is a great idea, i have been looking through the shares article and noticed that there is only 5million shares to be given out, but compare this to the 2million purchases made wouldnt all have been given out by now? :/

i have noticed alot of the rates are similar apart from gambling websites.

do they make there money from ads? it is the only way i can think of as top cashback give 101% cashback?

will do thanks very much :). i generally use my paypal for savings but i could get a bank account, may look into a halifax or "one direct" account. the cashback card is a good idea but they generally charge and im not sure the cashback i would gain would equal what i pay out as a privillidge?

thanks for your help! :)

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Jun 02 2013 11:30am

You can get free cashback cards of a sort. Tesco gives clubcard points, Natwest gives points that you exchange for vouchers, LloydsTSB gives Avios points, Asda gives cash but only at Asda (cheapskakes) lol

Halifax would be good as I think they still run the scheme where you get a fiver a month added to your account if you put enough into it each month. The trick is to set up a standing order from your bank to Halifax and another one at the Halifax sending the money back to your bank account the following day.

But paypal is just as good as you can buy using the credit card and send the paypal money to your bank account to pay the CC bill when it arrives.
Thanked by: duke
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Jun 02 2013 1:55pm

danboi63 wrote:thanks :) well im hoping it takes off it is a great idea, i have been looking through the shares article and noticed that there is only 5million shares to be given out, but compare this to the 2million purchases made wouldnt all have been given out by now?

thanks for your help! :)
A lot of the transactions are dailies where no shares are earned. See here for the shares already earned. http://www.imutual.co.uk/report?id=651 But you are right, the day is approaching when a vote may be needed to increase (or not the amount of available shares) I came back to change my answer as it is 5 billion not million that are available. But I see that I have already been corrected by the member below. So it is in fact going to be quite a while before more shares need to be made available.
Last edited by Richard Frost on Sun Jun 02 2013 2:42pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, duke, Kelantan

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Jun 02 2013 2:20pm

It's not 5million, it's 5 Billion so a little way to go then
The philosophy behind the reduced cashback towards gaming sites is 2 fold
One is to discourage abuse and the other is that there are far more issues getting these merchant to pay
Thanked by: duke, Kelantan

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Jun 18 2013 11:16am

Well actually it's 4.5 billion shares for the non staff
For those of you who struggle with big number look at it this way
If the total shares allowed was 4,500
then so far 3.5 have been issused
Thanked by: Kelantan