Approved Food: Amazing savings

michelle@imutual

Approved Food: Amazing savings

Post by michelle@imutual » Tue Oct 08 2013 2:47pm

Approved Food

Approved Food are the largest online retailer of clearance food and drink as well as other consumer goods items. By shopping with us customers can saved typically 70% on RRP, which is a fantastic saving.

See reward offer for Approved Food

Squire

Re: Approved Food: Amazing savings

Post by Squire » Thu Oct 10 2013 1:19pm

I already joined them from my own affiliate link, as I wanted some stuff in a hurry.

Otherwise I would have joined from imutual, as this merchant is quite good for some stuff.

I would suggest that members at least look at the site and see what they have on offer.

I bought £30+ worth of stuff, 12 tins baked beans (1 dented), 10 tins of fruit salad (all those were dented, but not compromised).

30 Walkers crisps for about £4, roughly 14 pence each, the price on the packet says 39 pence for 32.5 grams. Best before date was August 2013, but as expected, the crisps are still crunchy, normal taste no rancid fat or oil taste or soggy crisps yet.

Some of the jams I got were the sort you get at Aldi or Lidl, the stuff with the foreign words on the labels but the best before date is 2015, some 2014.

A couple of cherry jams were November 2013, so I only point this out so you do not buy too many of something that is already well beyond its best date, or soon to reach it.

The website design lets you "mouse-over" and it tells you the best before date.

Delivery is £5.25 for up to maximum of 25 kilograms.

I ordered Wednesday last week, got it delivered by Friday around 10:30.

So quick I had not even looked at the emails that said it was being delivered between 10 and 12, along with the tracking emails telling me what was happening in between.

Better than Amazon and their poxy Home Delivery/Yodal misfits that give rise to so many complaints.

Obviously you would not want to buy a packet of Twix for 69 pence, then pay £5.25 for postage, so save up your order until you get a decent weight, if you can wait that long.

To summerize:

Tins of stuff really cheap MIGHT be all dented, or some anyway.

Glass jars and crisps came through intact, no problem, so my box (that weighed 20+ Kilos, had to watch my bad back lifting it) was not damaged by the couriers, the tins were presumably cheap because they bought up stock that the manufacturer or retailer could not shift due to the dents, as well as best-before-date reasons.

PAYPAL is the major reason I use them, at last I can use my PayPal balance for something to eat, now that Asda and Tesco stopped accepting PayPal balance payments.

If anyone knows of a supermarket that accepts PayPal online, and delivers, let me know please.
Last edited by Squire on Fri Oct 11 2013 11:16am, edited 2 times in total.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Oct 10 2013 1:52pm

My sister has been using them for a while and swears buy them
As you say check the use by dates (i never pay any attention to those)
And order plenty to cover the P+P
Her only complaint is you never know what they have cause it changes so quickly
Thanked by: Squire
Politically incorrect since 69

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri Oct 11 2013 3:17pm

Squire wrote: If anyone knows of a supermarket that accepts PayPal online, and delivers, let me know please.
Why don't you just cash out to your bank and spend it as normal money?

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Oct 11 2013 9:15pm

Get a paypal debit card and then you can use any supermarket to get your goods.
Thanked by: kevinchess1
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler