Bonus shares for posting offers

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Bonus shares for posting offers

Post by richard@imutual » Fri Mar 30 2012 2:30pm

It's great to see a big increase in the number of deals and bargains being submitted by imutual members using our offer form. It really helps to emphasise the unique nature of imutual - a money-saving community owned and run by its members - and demonstrates its considerable potential. Plus I must admit I've been prompted by some of the deals posted to make a few purchases myself!

As you are probably already aware, there are generous share rewards when other members make purchases via your posted deals, but I think it's fair to also give a few shares for taking the trouble to post deals, even when nobody makes a purchase via your link. By providing the site with interesting and updated content, you are benefiting the company and it's right that you should receive recognition for your efforts.

So from now onwards, you'll receive up to 3 shares every day just for posting deals (in addition to any shares you may earn if someone purchases via your links). See here for details

Do let me have any comments, feedback or suggestions regarding our offer form or similar features :thumbup:

kevinchess1

Re: Bonus shares for posting offers

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Mar 30 2012 2:36pm

As sum won who has posted well over a 100+ deals of which only 1 :( Ever earn me anything
I'm in favour of this with a couple of Provisos
1. Some things posted as offers are 'Inn store only' so shouldn't count
B. generic 'DFS hav a sail on' are too vague
Apart from that get me vote :thumbup:
Politically incorrect since 69

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Fri Mar 30 2012 3:52pm

kevinchess1 wrote:Some things posted as offers are 'Inn store only' so shouldn't count
Those can still be of interest to people, though :?

magnificent7

Post by magnificent7 » Fri Mar 30 2012 6:42pm

richard@imutual wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:Some things posted as offers are 'Inn store only' so shouldn't count
Exactly. "So where did you find out the local Tesco were giving away free balloons?", answer "imutual".

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Mar 30 2012 7:34pm

magnificent7 wrote:
richard@imutual wrote:
Exactly. "So where did you find out the local Tesco were giving away free balloons?", answer "imutual".

I don't remember that
And besides some people might be interested in finding out who won the By election etc
Politically incorrect since 69

rayf

Post by rayf » Sat Mar 31 2012 12:55am

I feel like I'm getting swamped with all of these offers. I would rather leave it as it was so that only links actually used get any benefit. This would ensure higher quality links.
Thanked by: moi

xrppzi

Post by xrppzi » Sat Mar 31 2012 10:46am

I agree with Rayf. There are often such long lists of these deals and offers that they just get ignored en masse. The very fact that posters have only earned the odd reward tends to suggest that not many are taken up. Fewer rather than more postings could well result in more people actually reading these topics.
Thanked by: rayf

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sat Mar 31 2012 1:32pm

Doesn't an offer topic already attract 1 share for being a new topic + 1 extra share if someone replies? Isn't that enough?

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sat Mar 31 2012 1:37pm

Sarah wrote:Doesn't an offer topic already attract 1 share for being a new topic + 1 extra share if someone replies? Isn't that enough?
No. There is no share for a new topic unless it gets a reply. Maximum 1 per day (I think)
There is also one share on offer each day if a member makes a post.
The new one is that if someone posts an offer then they will get a share for each offer they post to a maximum of three a day.

So the maximum anyone can get from posting I think is 5 shares each day

I think I have that right :)
Thanked by: Kelantan

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Sat Mar 31 2012 3:11pm

Correct :thumbup:

Eventually, I'd liek to see shares awarded purely on the quality rather than quantity of contributions. But in the short term, I think it makes sense to encourage people to use a feature with which most members are still not familiar
xrppzi wrote:There are often such long lists of these deals and offers that they just get ignored en masse. The very fact that posters have only earned the odd reward tends to suggest that not many are taken up.
Well, there ARE a lot of deals out there for lots of differents products, and everyone is interested in different things. So rather than have fewer offers overall, I want to try to help people filter out the ones they're not interested in through a combination of ratings and personal preferences. It'll take time to develop such a system but with everyone's help, we'll get there! :)