New claims "appeals" process

cccashbacklover
Posts: 2042
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 pm
Has thanked: 1181 times
Been thanked: 1246 times
Contact:

Re: New claims "appeals" process

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Drahcir wrote:
cashbacklover wrote:
Drahcir wrote: I would also add that it is unlikely I personally would take a claim to appeal in this way. Unless maybe if it was for a big claim. Even then I would probably think twice before going ahead.
Woud you appeal against a rejection if it was done same way as T and Q sites do it - confidentialy through account support ticket :?:

quote]

I meant would you appeal against a rejection here if it was done purely via support ticket as opposed to proposed idea which you said ;)

"I would also add that it is unlikely I personally would take a claim to appeal in this way. Unless maybe if it was for a big claim. Even then I would probably think twice before going ahead"
Thanked by: blythburgh
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

Richard Frost
Posts: 11283
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2413 times
Been thanked: 5451 times
Contact:

Re: New claims "appeals" process

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Drahcir wrote:

cashbacklover wrote:

Drahcir wrote: I would also add that it is unlikely I personally would take a claim to appeal in this way. Unless maybe if it was for a big claim. Even then I would probably think twice before going ahead.

Woud you appeal against a rejection if it was done same way as T and Q sites do it - confidentialy through account support ticket :?:

quote]

I meant would you appeal against a rejection here if it was done purely via support ticket as opposed to proposed idea which you said ;)

Yes I would and have done on one occasion! But as I understand it this would be after that process has been exhausted. So in effect it would be a final appeal.

cccashbacklover
Posts: 2042
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 pm
Has thanked: 1181 times
Been thanked: 1246 times
Contact:

Re: New claims "appeals" process

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:44 pm

Drahcir wrote: But as I understand it this would be after that process has been exhausted. So in effect it would be a final appeal.[/b]

Can you clarify that Richard please - Will I-Mutual now be allowing two appeals against rejections - firstly via support ticket and secondly via members :?:

http://www.imutual.co.uk/help/14/1537/
Thanked by: blythburgh

richard@imutual
Posts: 4819
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:19 am
Sharing: 3stars.png
Has thanked: 1840 times
Been thanked: 3759 times
Contact:

Re: New claims "appeals" process

Post by richard@imutual » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Well, yes, members always have the option of contacting us in private using the query system. But unless they provide some further information that wasn't part of the original claim (like, my brother's a top lawyer and I'll sue :shock: ) then I'm not sure on what basis we'd change our decision :?

Richard Frost
Posts: 11283
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2413 times
Been thanked: 5451 times
Contact:

Re: New claims "appeals" process

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:54 pm

richard@imutual wrote:Well, yes, members always have the option of contacting us in private using the query system. But unless they provide some further information that wasn't part of the original claim (like, my brother's a top lawyer and I'll sue :shock: ) then I'm not sure on what basis we'd change our decision :?
And on the occasion I did appeal through the query system because the merchant rejected my claim that is exactly what happened. I provided an invoice from the merchant concerned.

cccashbacklover
Posts: 2042
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 pm
Has thanked: 1181 times
Been thanked: 1246 times
Contact:

Re: New claims "appeals" process

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:54 pm

richard@imutual wrote:Well, yes, members always have the option of contacting us in private using the query system. But unless they provide some further information that wasn't part of the original claim (like, my brother's a top lawyer and I'll sue :shock: ) then I'm not sure on what basis we'd change our decision :?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10287

“what the merchant has stated”

I guess a response and/or evidence against above ;)
Thanked by: blythburgh

kevinchess1
Posts: 23032
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 11954 times
Been thanked: 16161 times
Contact:

Re: New claims "appeals" process

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:58 pm

cashbacklover wrote: "There shouldnt be any need for them to post - all the supporting claim info/proof should have been collected by I-Mutual from the member and the case merely replicated to us to read and vote on".
Not sure how that helps?
Just because a member can supply a Transaction/reference number what does that prove?
It's meaning less to me/anyone

underdog wrote: I'm in favour of one person, one vote
I'm not!
In any company that has share holders the one with the most shares hav the most say
That's pretty much the be all and end all of my arguement
And yes I'm a member of the WM Squared
(White Male With Major Shareholdings)

If posters want anominity then I guess they can hav it
But I don't see why everybody should be forced to have anominty and as RY says how do you stop someone PM/email people :?:
xrppzi wrote:I think the whole procedure smells of giving power to the few and increasing forum activity.
Sounds about right :thumbup:


Gosh I Hope we get a Appeal soon :D
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

cccashbacklover
Posts: 2042
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 pm
Has thanked: 1181 times
Been thanked: 1246 times
Contact:

Re: New claims "appeals" process

Post by cccashbacklover » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:06 am

kevinchess1 wrote:[In any company that has share holders the one with the most shares hav the most say
In any other company how do the shareholders normally aquire the shares :think:
Thanked by: blythburgh

kevinchess1
Posts: 23032
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 11954 times
Been thanked: 16161 times
Contact:

Re: New claims "appeals" process

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:08 am

cashbacklover wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:[In any company that has share holders the one with the most shares hav the most say
In any other company how do the shareholders normally aquire the shares :think:
They buy then or get them as part of their job benefits
V Surprised you don't know that actually :?:
Thanked by: blythburgh, Mel
Politically incorrect since 69

cccashbacklover
Posts: 2042
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 pm
Has thanked: 1181 times
Been thanked: 1246 times
Contact:

Re: New claims "appeals" process

Post by cccashbacklover » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:14 am

kevinchess1 wrote:
cashbacklover wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:[In any company that has share holders the one with the most shares hav the most say
In any other company how do the shareholders normally aquire the shares :think:
They buy then or get them as part of their job benefits
V Surprised you don't know that actually :?:

And how did you aquire your mass I-Mutual Shareholding :think:

And dont say same way as I did :lol:
Thanked by: blythburgh
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest